Poll: Japanese Grand Prix 2017, Suzuka - Race 16/20

Rate the 2017 Japanese Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
2SKAdnH.png
Suzuka
One of the greatest tracks used in Formula One racing today, Japan's Suzuka circuit is a massive test of car and driver ability.

Built by Honda as a test facility in 1962, the track was designed by Dutchman John Hugenholz, the Hermann Tilke of his day. A huge theme park was also constructed at the track, including the famous big wheel which dominates the Suzuka skyline.

In 1987, having hosted various sportscar and F2 races, and having lost out initially to Fuji in the race to host the Japanese Grand Prix, Honda's influence finally prevailed and the Grand Prix had a new Japanese home. And - 2007/8 aside - at Suzuka the race has stayed ever since, providing the scene for many nail-biting end-of-season deciders, including the now infamous collisions involving Alain Prost and Ayrton Senna.

Such moments only added to Suzuka's appeal with fans, with the Grand Prix now attracting some of the most passionate and knowledgeable crowds in F1 racing.

The track has also become a favourite with drivers, featuring some of the F1 calendar's most challenging corners. Among the most popular are the high-speed 130R and the famous Spoon Curve. On top of this the circuit's figure-of-eight layout makes it unique in F1 racing.

TV Times
Sky:
oE1Qs8r.png

C4:
v8CiRMK.png

Track Diagram & Information
ldZKbCY.png

Weather Forecast
cez39Rf.png

2016 Onboard Lap
https://www.formula1.com/en/video/2016/10/Onboard_pole_position_lap_-_Nico_Rosberg__Japan_2016.html

2016 Race Edit
https://www.formula1.com/en/video/2016/10/Director's_Cut__Japan_2016.html

Japan Preview Quotes
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2017/10/japan-preview-quotes.html

WDC Standings
yiy67KW.png

Constructors' Championship Standings
14nWRAu.png

Practice 1
h1OGJuf.png

Practice 2
Pn5PfqC.png

Practice 3
hLzYVKr.png

Qualifying
A3Ge31W.png

Race
E4DC5fv.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks Shimmy!

I'm not sure I'm going to get to watch this one live — I'm at a wedding on Saturday night and don't plan on being awake at 6am on Sunday. :D

Soldato
I'm away on a biking trip so I'll miss it, but I've been looking forward so much to this circuit ever since the new cars were announced. The speed and change of direction through some of these great corners is going to be incredible.

Soldato
love Suzuka, esp the first sector. My favourite circuit along with Spa.

only negative is that it reminds me of Bianchi in the same way Malaysia reminds me of Simoncelli. 2 promising talents lost tragically and way too early. RIP

Associate
One of my favourite tracks of the year, looking forward to this race! Proper classic track, hoping to have a Ferrari vs Red Bull vs Mercedes battle on this one judging by the pace of the three teams at Malaysia.

Predicted that this years cars will beat the lap record too so they should like mighty around this track :)

Man of Honour
was looking forward to this and a 4 day weekend, now going to miss qauli and race, got offered nights overtime as I was clocking off last night.

Man of Honour
I remember the first time I drove Suzuka on a decent sim (Forza?)

That first sector of S bends after turn 1 is so difficult in a car that has even an ounce of understeer, I can only imagine how tough it must be in real life.

Associate
I remember the first time I drove Suzuka on a decent sim (Forza?)

That first sector of S bends after turn 1 is so difficult in a car that has even an ounce of understeer, I can only imagine how tough it must be in real life.

Ferrari 355 challenge on the Dreamcast for me. Hard track but also extremely hard due to the transit van style handling haha!

Back
Top Bottom