Jeans - My Kingdom For A Decent Pair That Dont Need Ironed & 100% Cotton

Soldato
Just LOL if you can use 'they' twice in one sentence to describe different items, still not make sense, swear, and then throw in some very casual indication that you don't understand how capitalism or trade or even geography works.

Noobs.

Everyone knows the quality went off a cliff when it happened. When Levis etc were still made in the US they were far more durable. They used to last years and years, now with the weak materials they crease easy and dont last.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Jeans or trousers they go in the wash/washing basket after 2nd day. There is no way I will wear a pair of jeans after 2 days. Never mind couple of weeks ...... Daaaaaaaamn

Soldato
I only wash jeans if they're a bit old and getting baggy. A wash tends to tighten them up a bit. I certainly wouldn't wash them after two days, that's bonkers. I probably wear my shirts more than twice before washing but I'm not a particularly sweaty person (and they're flannel shirts, not 'proper' shirts). People talking about faecal matter etc. reminds me of that old nonsense about the London Underground which is totally false (https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/inner-tube/). If you're splashing back at a urinal then you'd notice, and I'm pretty sure my jeans don't touch the floor when sitting on the bog my shoes get in the way). Even if they did you're assuming somehow someone has got enough **** on the floor to transfer. It's all very unlikely. And even if that did happen who's eating off their trousers regularly? :confused:

I find it odd so many people are over-the-top about hygiene nowadays, yet are probably doing themselves way more damage because they can't cook a meal from scratch and rely on terrible ready meals and generally bad diets.. :o

Soldato
I went on a training course a good few years ago which had a dress down Friday policy in place, everyone followed it but this one bloke showed up with ironed jeans on. If they were just flat ironed I could understand but he had this pin sharp crease running down the front.

I wash all of my jeans after 2-3 days wearing, sometimes more if we are away. I wear all different brands but I have to say that although they are not the most expensive 501's still last well for me. I always remember before the smoking ban that my clothes used to stink of smoke after being in the pub, not washing them wasn't really an option.

Soldato
I only wash jeans if they're a bit old and getting baggy. A wash tends to tighten them up a bit. I certainly wouldn't wash them after two days, that's bonkers. I probably wear my shirts more than twice before washing but I'm not a particularly sweaty person (and they're flannel shirts, not 'proper' shirts). People talking about faecal matter etc. reminds me of that old nonsense about the London Underground which is totally false (https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/inner-tube/). If you're splashing back at a urinal then you'd notice, and I'm pretty sure my jeans don't touch the floor when sitting on the bog my shoes get in the way). Even if they did you're assuming somehow someone has got enough **** on the floor to transfer. It's all very unlikely. And even if that did happen who's eating off their trousers regularly? :confused:

I find it odd so many people are over-the-top about hygiene nowadays, yet are probably doing themselves way more damage because they can't cook a meal from scratch and rely on terrible ready meals and generally bad diets.. :o

What are you talking about lol....have you been to the pub ?

Associate
I only buy jeans from Uniqlo now, among a few of their other items.

Best quality jeans I've owned, and for the price they're a steal. Always crease free after washing.

Soldato
What are you talking about lol....have you been to the pub ?
Err yes. To which part of my post are you referring? Maybe we frequent different sorts of establishments.. :confused:

I only buy jeans from Uniqlo now, among a few of their other items.

Best quality jeans I've owned, and for the price they're a steal. Always crease free after washing.
Yeah. Love Uniqlo. Jeans and shirts, well everything fits me perfectly. Their supima cotton tshirts are great value.

Associate
Not sure if mentioned but Diesel Jeans are fantastic quality. They do loads of styles too to fit any shape / tastes.
Never iron mine, just wash sparingly inside out on a 30C wash when required and flatten as best you can by hand before drying

Caporegime
You wash jeans ?

Not frequently but unless you’ve got Prince Andrew’s special medical condition that magically prevents you from sweating then you probably should wash your jeans. The waistband will inevitably pick up sweat over time etc...

Not to mention the bottom of the legs can pick up dirt etc.. if the length is long and they draped over your shoes a bit etc... go through a few puddles etc.. and they could do with a wash for that reason too.

Soldato
If I know I've worn a shirt twice I'll probably chuck it in the wash, but I usually lose track. My girlfriend is very good at sniffing out odours (lol) and if I'm unsure I'll ask her. I don't know exactly what you might think would happen from wearing a shirt more than one or twice? Does it implode or something? If it's still clean visibly, doesn't smell then what exactly is the issue? :confused:

Not frequently but unless you’ve got Prince Andrew’s special medical condition that magically prevents you from sweating then you probably should wash your jeans. The waistband will inevitably pick up sweat over time etc...
Firstly, who sweats around their waist? Eww. :confused: And if I did, my boxers waistband would be in the way. They get washed after one wear before anyone says anything..

Not to mention the bottom of the legs can pick up dirt etc.. if the length is long and they draped over your shoes a bit etc... go through a few puddles etc.. and they could do with a wash for that reason too.
*ring ring* Hey it's the 90s, they want their skater-boi jeans back!

Associate
Wash mine sparingly, never tumble dry, and hang them to dry. Never iron... didn't know that was a thing. I try to avoid having to iron chinos as well by air drying as well.

Back
Top Bottom