Jedi - the new, 21st Century Gender!

Soldato
The problem with this whole (wider) debate stems from the fact that people don't understand the difference and separation between sex and gender and which are used for various scenarios. Not sure how that can solved, but until it is, stuff like this will keep cropping up.

Sounds like something they teach people in "gender studies" to separate it from real science/biology. So they can make up whatever to fit the narrative :p

Those grounded in reality are never going to play along with it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't think it's possible to reply to these threads without offending someone, but I thought sex was a scientific determination (based on organs, chromosomes etc) and gender was the social construct where people can choose to identify as a giraffe or a toaster?

Caporegime
I don't think it's possible to reply to these threads without offending someone, but I thought sex was a scientific determination (based on organs, chromosomes etc) and gender was the social construct where people can choose to identify as a giraffe or a toaster?

Correct. Your sex is determined by your genes, your gender is what you chose to be, your gender expression is the characteristics you choose to show the outside world.

At least that's what an entire afternoon of mandatory training told me.

If you want to get even more complicated there's the gender unicorn:

http://www.transstudent.org/gender/

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Sexual preference should have no bearing on gender imo.

Gay man? Straight man? You're still a man
Lesbian? Straight woman? You're still a woman

If you want to appease those who have a legitimate (medical) condition, have an "other" option but let's not go down the rabbit hole, folks.

I don't buy this identifying nonsense... can I identify as a car? or a giraffe? I'm a biological man but I want to identify as a women.... sorry that's the hand you were dealt. Doesn't change the fact that you're a man :o

Soldato
I don't buy this identifying nonsense... can I identify as a car? or a giraffe? I'm a biological man but I want to identify as a women.... sorry that's the hand you were dealt. Doesn't change the fact that you're a man :o

"Identifying" - or as it's always been known until recently "Pretending to be".

V F

V F

Soldato
Sexual preference should have no bearing on gender imo.

Gay man? Straight man? You're still a man
Lesbian? Straight woman? You're still a woman

If you want to appease those who have a legitimate (medical) condition, have an "other" option but let's not go down the rabbit hole, folks.

Dudley Moore, who wants to be a fire engine? :D

https://youtu.be/ujKd-8fry8g

Back
Top Bottom