Jetseat 908

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Just ordered a Jetseat 908 from Russia.
Looks like this:

Gmx_001_KW-908_001_7a1196d7-965e-46fd-ba83-99b54656df38_1000x.png

I haven't linked to the supplier as I'm guessing that it might break the OCUK rules about linking competitors, and I like OCUK far too much to want to get on the wrong side of them.

The seat has 8 electro motors in it, 4 in the base, 4 in the back, all controlled to add some genuine feel to whatever you're doing.
Out of the box, the control software can directly take info from DCS, to add a feel of say aircraft vibration. My understanding is that they've just introduced new additional software (cheap, but not free) that supports a number of racing games, including Asseto
For games not-directly supported, you can plug it directly into a sound card, and it'll just shake a bit depending upon what audio it's being presented with.

I've read VERY good reviews on the DCS forums about it, so thought it was about time I had a go with one. Just been dispatched, so probably won't be here for a few weeks, bearing in mind where it's coming from.

Will update when it's in situ.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
The Jetseat arrived late last week. So roughly 10 days from Russia.
Seems well made, and does look exactly like the pic above, so not exactly aesthetically pleasing, but it's OK.
My seat is an Ikea poang, like this:

$_86.JPG

The Jetseat has several straps to keep it in place and as yet, hasn't moved.
My Hotas is mounted on a pair of arm mouse rests, one on each chair arm. As the poang has no wheels, no worries about using my pedals moving the seating position.

The Jetseat comes with two apps. One is basic jetseat control, which allows calibration of the level of vibration and also a massage function. Just upfront, don't expect what I'd call a genuine massage experience. More of a light rub than some Thai girl trying to give you internal hemorrhaging.
The second app enables the the seat to be driven by a short list of games, including DCS, WoT and possibly some others.
The maker of the app also sell a newer package that adds support for a variety of driving games, including Asseto and several others.

And in use. The seat motors are linked into 6 core zones, allowing it to generate vibration in different area of the chair, and they do regionalise when you're say banking in a Spitfire. The rest of the time, they add varying levels of vibration depending upon what you're aircraft is doing. Personally I fly a Huey in DCS a lot. For that, really does add a level of "haptic" style feedback on the vibration of the aircraft and spinning up of the rotor blades. Helps to get that one step closer to a genuine feeling of being there and I really enjoyed the 3 hours of flying I did with it yesterday.

Groundbreaking? No, not really and I'd still prioritise it lower than a VR headset and good HOTAS setup. Still for those who already have them, definitely recommended.

Back
Top Bottom