Job application - what are your thoughts?

Associate
Hello all,

I am applying for jobs within Private Equity houses in London, I have primarily gone through recruitment agencies so far. Where a recruitment agency have sent my CV to an PE house they seem very reluctant to chase to see whether they are interested in me.

Would it be unprofessional to contact the PE house directly or would that simply show that my interest in the job is genuine? (I'm an accountant aiming for around £50k)

Cheers
Mike

Associate
Ignore anything the agencies tell you, you can attempt to contact them directly and maybe try other agencies that are advertising the same position because another agency maybe more passionate about you as a candidate.
Just try everything till you get the job :)

Associate
OP
Thanks for the comments guys, I was wondering

a) Do you have experience in this market (i.e asset management in London).
b) Do you know of any good recruitment consultants? There seem to be an awful lot of people!

alx

alx

Soldato
Try Goodman Masson, they seemed like a decent recruitment firm when I dealt with them in the past. They got me an interview at F&C in Asset Management so can't complain too much!

Associate
Thanks for the comments guys, I was wondering

a) Do you have experience in this market (i.e asset management in London).
b) Do you know of any good recruitment consultants? There seem to be an awful lot of people!

Yep currently work in asset management

Cant really help much with the recruiters as i haven't used one in the last 5 years but get your cv on city jobs and efinanical careers

Soldato
First thing you need to realise about job agencies is that no matter how nice they sound they don't give a **** about you personally. If they can't sell you they won't hesitate to drop you and be very careful as they won't think twice about lying to you.

When you can always deal with the company directly as they'll more than likely treat you better, however a lot of companies use agencies and you have to deal with them. In which case tell them what you want, if they don't do it move onto the next agency.

MW

Back
Top Bottom