Job Search Heavy Boredom!!

Soldato
Hi guys

I recently completed accounting course (AAT level 3 diploma) and now sending CVs and cover letters to accounting firms.

However one thing I have always experienced is this feeling of heavy boredom whenever I have to sit in front of computer looking for jobs. I find it very mind numbing going through various job descriptions and sending cvs and cover letters through email or by post. It's just NOT EXCITING!!:( (I guess it is because there is no human interaction in this process although I am sure girls will love it :p)

I am always outdoor kind of person who is always looking forward to having enjoyable time with friends etc. Actually one of my friend is in similar situation although on a different course and he is experiencing same thing with job hunting lol.

I have started incorporating physical exercise in my daily routine and this definitely helps and I feel relaxed, calm and refreshed in my mind. However the moment I sit in front the computer looking for jobs/companies, this feeling of boredom creeps up and I find it incredibly difficult to overcome it or to concentrate on the job search activity. I can feel the dryness in my heart and just wanting to escape from this situation lol.

In doing so I end up browsing this forums or playing games or just going out.

How do you guys overcome such situation lol?

Soldato
How do I overcome it? By seeing the end result.

Nobody likes job hunting, it's tedious! I've always been really fortunate to have just found positions easily but initially, things are dull for everyone.

Keep up the physical activity and take breaks every so often. You don't have to be sitting at the computer all day and night.

Compile a list of potential companies within commuting distance and start cold calling/emailing. That's slightly more interaction than looking at useless job sites with largely outdated adverts.

Soldato
OP
How do I overcome it? By seeing the end result.

Nobody likes job hunting, it's tedious! I've always been really fortunate to have just found positions easily but initially, things are dull for everyone.

Keep up the physical activity and take breaks every so often. You don't have to be sitting at the computer all day and night.

Compile a list of potential companies within commuting distance and start cold calling/emailing. That's slightly more interaction than looking at useless job sites with largely outdated adverts.

Good advice :)

Yeah I have been aiming mainly to apply directly to firms rather than just looking at job sites. I agree that job sites aren't as effective; well that's what I have found anyway.

Top Bottom