Jobs prospect of Engineering in UK?

Associate
I am currently pursuing bachelor of electrical engineering in India planning for Masters in UK in 2024.

What is the jobs prospect in UK for electrical engineering(power and renewable preferably)?

Soldato
Career prospects are strong / wont be too difficult to get a job, particularly once you have experience.

As a graduate I'd hazard a guess at salaries around 25 to 35k. Overall engineering in general will not pay as well as other careers e.g. Finance / compsci etc from what I've seen.

Soldato
One question is do you already have right to work in the UK? The graduate market in the UK is absolutely ferocious and lots of grad schemes aren’t sponsoring entry the way they used to. If not your going to need professional registration and experience to get a visa but it is doable. Otherwise elec eng is a strong field to be in at moment.

Associate
OP
One question is do you already have right to work in the UK? The graduate market in the UK is absolutely ferocious and lots of grad schemes aren’t sponsoring entry the way they used to. If not your going to need professional registration and experience to get a visa but it is doable. Otherwise elec eng is a strong field to be in at moment.
I am planning to study masters in UK in 2024. UK now provides 2 years work visa after graduation which allows you to work and find job for 2 years.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Shortage of engineers in the UK, It is not as well paid in regard other professions (its still above average) but its offset by being way more interesting and your morally superior and intelligent on the inside.

OP will be fine, we have a few Indian software engineers who come through via some commonwealth entry system. (They all share one thing in common though that the sweets they bring in are ****ing horrible)

Back
Top Bottom