Joe Lycett - Qatar/Beckham debate

You have lost me, i don’t mean to be rude, genuinely curious what you think should be done.

Hes saying that there are clearly (probably dozens of) gay footballers in the top leagues so there must be a reason none of them have publicly come out. And its almost certainly because they don't feel comfortable doing it. Whether that is based in real issues or just perceived issues is up for debate but they clearly feel that way.

Hes saying that there are clearly (probably dozens of) gay footballers in the top leagues so there must be a reason none of them have publicly come out. And its almost certainly because they don't feel comfortable doing it. Whether that is based in real issues or just perceived issues is up for debate but they clearly feel that way.

Oh yea i agree they wouldn’t feel comfortable. The abuse from the certain people in the crowd would be awful.

Are you questioning the idea that out of 700 or so PL players there are no gay men. I say good sir, nothing more manly than modern football.

In all seriousness, I do find it odd because society at large has almost 0 issue with it and I doubt many players would either. Probably just needs someone to "get the ball rolling".

My money is on Ronaldo at some point.
:D

There have been rumours about him for a long time. It'll be curious to see. My cousin played in the premiership until recently and when talking to him about it he said he was never aware of anyone he played alongside being gay.

Back
Top Bottom