John Lewis Home Solutions

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
OK so not off the best start. The electricians showed up today and started to size up the job properly, turns out JL's estimate of 3 hours is off and they will need 5 hours. The reason I think is because JL estimate the time/cost based on a simple socket change, despite the notes explaining the job needs new sockets chasing, wires running. I have passed my thoughts back to JL and explained they need to be asking more detailed questions about any "building work" required for a job.

Electricians are coming back on Friday. They are very professional and knowledgeable, so I'm happy in that regard.

Soldato
I think that's basically par for the course - it is difficult to predict these things without actually seeing the particulars! The real question is in how they deal with it and any benefit of using JL over just ringing around a few different people for quotes. I'm in MK45 which is on the list, so perhaps it's worth a bash - I do need some artex dealing with in the near future ...

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Well hopefully the more people who use it the more feedback they can gather to improve on these teething issues. I think a question needs to be asked at the begging whether this is "standard" socket installation or not. They can then send someone out for a quote.

For your artex I'd recommend Crossin Plasterers, he's very good. http://www.crossinplasterers.com

The only reason I'm using JL is I'm yet to find a decent sparky in the area. The 12 month warranty is good mind you.

Associate
Hi Guys I've done work as a contractor for several years for JL.. Unfortunately, they are not the best to work for. They very rarely listen to feedback and in the end, JL is only interested in feathering their own nest. They will start off at a reasonable price and over time will reduce the price until they permanently damage the price that electricians and plumber can charge customers.

Back
Top Bottom