1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John Wilson Go Fishing series

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by djshauny1, Jul 22, 2012.

1. djshauny1

Mobster

I dont know if any of you remember but there was a series called go fishing which was hosted by john wilson

It was aired on anglia television

Does anyone know if there is a dvd box set of the complete series that i can purchase anywhere?

Ive done a bit of rersearch but cant find anything :(

Any help would be great

Thanks in advance

:)

2. Rameses

Sgarrista

3. robfosters

Caporegime

If you love those old relaxing fishing programs. Those a million miles away from the rabid sensationalism of Robson Green and the like, then you really should treat yourself to this. http://www.passionforangling.info/order.html

Another marvellous program. So relaxing and nice to watch. Its odd in the fact that you actually send your payment to the fellow who made the show.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  4. opstrat

Mobster

i rememebr when john would kiss the fish before putting them back.

no idea what that was all about.

5. djshauny1

Mobster

thanks guys

anyone else know where i can get the complete series from?

6. PapaLazaru

Capodecina

Used to watch this all the time.

Remember the episode where he dropped a pike on his rod and it snapped? He nearly swore but held it back. So funny.

7. The Running Man

Caporegime

if your about spending money id say buy 'Passion for angling' instead i think its a better programme.

8. p1RATE

Wise Guy

i use to watch this a few years ago when i got in from work at about 5-6am, im trying to remember what channel it was on, i think it was one of the discovery channels.

9. J.T

Mobster

Another vote for A Passion for Angling here, a fantastic series! :)

10. Andy__C

Hitman

+1... Fantastic. One of the things that got me into fishing.

Especially the Redmire and Monster Myth episodes.

11. J.T

Mobster

I was lucky enough to fish Redmire for a week this July and it has not lost any of its magic since APFA was filmed.

I only caught one fish all week (my own fault really as I was using traditional tackle and tactics, no fishing at night and so on not that I am using that as an excuse mind! LOL) and while it wasn’t the biggest fish ever (16lbs 9) it was the most special!

[​IMG]
    Redmire common, 16lbs 9 by Psycho_Hamster, on Flickr

Think the smile on my face says it all! :)

Here she is going back.

[​IMG]
    SAM_0076 by Psycho_Hamster, on Flickr

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  12. mrbell1984

Capodecina

I used to run home to watch a passion for angling every day for months even though most days it was repeats on vhs lol oh boy the days.

13. Andy__C

Hitman

I've just had a nose through your gallery - that looked amazing. I'd love to have a week at Redmire, what a fantastic experience!

Never mind about the size, any capture from there is special - however on vintage tackle as well is superb... a great way to fish the pond.

I really am envious!

14. Rangler

Hitman

Have a look for "catching the impossible" the passion these two guys display is inspiring.

Going for a look round a new syndicate this Thursday all being weel will be my new venue for the next 12 months.

15. Jono

Man of Honour

I used to love that john wilson series. The way he always chortled like a madman whilst landing the fish. Especially if it was a big one (ooh er missus). I think it was one of the episodes with the Nile perch or a Lemon shark he caught where he was most mental.

A passion for angling WAS a lot better though. Chris Yates & Bob James at Redmire pond vs monster carp was my favourite episode. In fact I think I'll order it, even though I can't stand fishing, myself.

16. J.T

Mobster

It really was a special time, I hope I can return one day and maybe catch another carp or two. :)

17. Diesel

Wise Guy

Used to watch Go Fishing with my Dad when I was a kid.

Dad was a fairly prolific match angler, but he has now moved on to Carp fishing. I haven't picked up a rod for 15 years!

18. djshauny1

Mobster

So no ideas where i could get the complete series chaps?

19. ~>Dg<~

Caporegime

sure some online retailer may have it :(

avid angler myself haven't been for a few years but had some decent fish from numerous places.

love to go to redmire how much ass did you have to kiss to get on there :p or was it a friend of a friend sorta thing :D

i used to fish a carp pong near me which is pretty over grown great seeing them in summer not over fished some very big fish in there now well over 40 s probably 50s

20. BeanBandit

Wise Guy

no ass kissing needed. £120 for a weekend, £290 for a week in summer. If you can get a booking. Had a friend who spent a week fishing there in the mid 90's. He managed to land raspberry, very very old fish. About 70 years old when it died. He best fishing moment.