Juggling a new gaming build budget

Associate
Hi all,

Building a new system for a friend's wife. They want something with long lasting so don't have to worry about upgrading for a fair while.

They've budgeted £1200 for the build and would ideally like some RGB control with the build.
She's expressed a specific interest in the Lian Li O11 Dyanamic in white, but it open to the idea of other cases. In particular, she likes ones with a glass front and side that you can see into the computer with, and an AIO for the processor.

I managed to get hold of an RTX 3070 for £650 for them already after searching the last month or so.
This leaves £550 for CPU, Motherboard, RAM, Storage, PSU, Case and Cooling.

I'm not really sure how I'll be able to manage this with the remaining budget. They said they can increase a bit but haven't told me how much.

This is the case they like:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lian-li-pc-o11-dynamic-midi-tower-white-window-ca-76t-ll.html

This is the AIO they like:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lian...nce-rgb-cpu-water-cooler-white-hs-008-ll.html

Any suggestions on the remaining parts?

Associate
OP
Case and cooler is half the £550 which os unrelastic if they want to keep them then they need to add funds.

5600x is £300 budget gone.
3600 £200.

I can probably talk them out of the AIO, assuming a stock cooler would be ideal? I think some of the Ryzen ones even have RGB assuming they'd be sufficient.
They're not particularly fussed about overclocking.

How much, ideally, will the components required cost? If they know they're getting a solid build I'm sure they'd up the budget

Soldato
Small and cute - ITX - is the way. Take a look at the new Thermaltake Tower 100.

For a low-end CPU consider the i3-10400f. 6 cores and 12 threads and can be replaced down the line. But be aware that Intel will be moving to LGA1700 next year and AMD will be moving to AM5 too.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £384.46 (includes shipping: £10.50)​

Add in a PSU - the Tower 100 takes a full-sized ATX PSU - and SSD.

You'll want a RGB fan, of course.

Man of Honour
I can probably talk them out of the AIO, assuming a stock cooler would be ideal? I think some of the Ryzen ones even have RGB assuming they'd be sufficient.
They're not particularly fussed about overclocking.

How much, ideally, will the components required cost? If they know they're getting a solid build I'm sure they'd up the budget
Psu £80 to £100
Memory 16gb £70
1tb m2 drivd £100
Motherboard £100 to £150 depending on cpu choice.

Case above you need more fans.

You need to decide on cpu choice yhe 5600x is the newest best option but is £100+ over more than the 3600

Man of Honour
Back
Top Bottom