just bought a new car - focus tdci

Permabanned
spike's said:
as title really, 115bhp focus tdci zetec, in silver. test drove her this morning. brilliant car. 53 plate.

pick it up on tuesday.

Cool. Im getting one of these for Friday as a replacement for the 06 astra rental car ive wrecked :D.

Shoul last me another few weeks :p. Its a Ghia im getting though, dunno if thats above or below your spec.

Nice cars though :)

Soldato
OP
Jon Frost said:
Cool. Im getting one of these for Friday as a replacement for the 06 astra rental car ive wrecked :D.

Shoul last me another few weeks :p. Its a Ghia im getting though, dunno if thats above or below your spec.

Nice cars though :)

only problem i have is a mate has allready told me what i can chip it up 2. :( :D

Caporegime
Ghia is a couple up from the Zetec, its the next one down from the top model, the Titanium, Got an 05 Ghia here, cracking car, theres loads of stuff in them, you get automatic, lights, wipers, crusie control etc... :cool:

Soldato
OP
forgot to say another reason for changing car is the mondeo needs its rear bushes doing ( £300ish ) and on the way back from the dealers i now have a crack in the windscreen ( £60 excess )

Soldato
spike's said:
forgot to say another reason for changing car is the mondeo needs its rear bushes doing ( £300ish ) and on the way back from the dealers i now have a crack in the windscreen ( £60 excess )

I know what you mean about the fuel, they really do like to drink it. I average about 350 miles from my 1.8 which is shocking :eek: You could have had the rear subframe bushes done for under £100 fitted though.

Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
Ghia is a couple up from the Zetec, its the next one down from the top model, the Titanium, Got an 05 Ghia here, cracking car, theres loads of stuff in them, you get automatic, lights, wipers, crusie control etc... :cool:

Ahh that's only on the new model, on the 03 ghia was the highest basic spec. Although a Zetec with a climate pack was often preferred due to the different wheels and "sportier" setup.

Although I wouldn't pay what you payed for it, it's still a nice car.

Soldato
It's fun to spend more money changing to a more economical car and inferior car just to make you happy when you go to the fuel station. Good one! :D

Seriously, financially it's probably not the best move but if it makes you feel better and you intend to keep the car for a long time then fair enough.

Man of Honour
spike's said:
fuel costs were doing my head in. 380 miles out of £50 isnt my idea of fun.

If you think you'll get back the cost of changing to a smaller, lower specified diesel then you are quite mistaken - congratulations on your new car but if you've done it for financial reasons I think you are going to be sorely dissapointed.

And as for buying a new car becuase the windscreen has a chip in it and it needs some servicable items replacing at nomimal cost, errr?

What are you going to do when the Focus needs an oil change, trade it in for a Fiesta? :D

Also, I can't quite help but wondering what on earth @ the price. £8500 for a 3 year old example of the previous model Focus, and thats AFTER haggling? The new shape is approaching that sort of price now - I know as long as you are happy etc etc but given you did this for what appears to be a financial reasons you've more than wiped any saving you'll make over the Mondeo by paying approx £1000 more than the going rate for a 2003/53 Focus TDCi.

It always amazes me how a car purchase is peoples second most expensive thing they'll ever buy yet they do it on a whim and becuase of assumptions :(

Still, it'll cost you a tenner a fortnight less in fuel I guess, that's all worth it then :confused:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom