Just bought a new Sony F series

Soldato
OP
I've been trying to track down somewhere that has the new F Series in stock, both my local Sony centres are saying mid to end of the month. :(

Phone up Sony direct via the number on the website :). I ordered over the phone, they were very helpful.

Glad to see the Acer down the pan :)

Build quality let it down. Creeky joints and the fact the battery only lasted a year persuaded me to invest in the Vaio.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
v8iicw.jpg

I want my Vaio :(.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I was told on the phone, they should be shipping from today onwards.....

Was yours customised?

Permabanned
nice purchase!

I have just treated myself to the VAIO Z series, was unsure about it at first but hoping to reinstall the OS and make it more my own but other than that im happy

Nick

Associate
Good purchase for a good price. I can go one better though, I received a Kobalt G860 last week with an i7 740 CPU and a 5870 GPU but without a Blu-Ray player and 4GB of RAM for £1170 delivered which I think is an even better deal. You're right about battery life though - sub 1 hour at best :eek:.

Soldato
OP
I was told on the phone, they should be shipping from today onwards.....

Was yours customised?

Yup, customised. I phoned Sony today and apparently my laptop is still in Japan with the build due to finish on the 12th. Meaning delivery between 20th-30th :(. I'm too impatient!

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Yup, customised. I phoned Sony today and apparently my laptop is still in Japan with the build due to finish on the 12th. Meaning delivery between 20th-30th :(. I'm too impatient!

Its not too long to wait. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Sony said:
Dear Mr Hall

Your customised VAIO order is on its way to our logistics centre.

We expect your VAIO order to be shipped out to you on 12.10.2010. Please note that this is an estimated shipping
time. We will send you an update if this estimate changes.

:D. What is a logistics centre, testing?

Soldato
I do hope you will take lots of pictures of the laptop when you unbox it. I will need to replace my XPS soon, I dropped it :(. Was really interested in this model.

Soldato
OP
I do hope you will take lots of pictures of the laptop when you unbox it. I will need to replace my XPS soon, I dropped it :(. Was really interested in this model.

I'll make sure I upload images and try and write a mini review after a week or so. I'm interested in what the battery life will be. First thing I'll be doing is reformatting it removing all the Sony bloatware.

Soldato
I'll make sure I upload images and try and write a mini review after a week or so. I'm interested in what the battery life will be. First thing I'll be doing is reformatting it removing all the Sony bloatware.

That'd be great.

TBH performance doesn't really bother me as I rarely do anything intensive. I haven't been to look for one in the shops yet, so I hope it looks pretty stylish

Back
Top Bottom