Just bought something a tad wild!

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
mikeh501 said:
Actually it was a "gentlemans" agreement between the big japanese bike manufacturers. This was basically to stop the one-upmanship that was happening at the time ZZR11>Hayabusa>Blackbird>ZX-12R etc.

The ZZR1400 is actually limited through the ECU not through gearing at all. The bike will do 186 in 5th :D It was only the original busa which was completely unrestricted - but I'm not even sure that was through gearing, most likely the ECU

I dont have it to hand but I am pretty sure it was in Superbike that it was a gearing limitation rather than an ECU job just so that it couldnt be removed as soon as it hit the dealers etc.

Im probably dreaming though, or Superbike were talking from their anuses again.

Associate
mikeh501 said:
The ZZR1400 is actually limited through the ECU not through gearing at all. The bike will do 186 in 5th :D It was only the original busa which was completely unrestricted - but I'm not even sure that was through gearing, most likely the ECU

Correct it was done through the ECU too. These restrictions are always overcome pretty easily though. Just had to fit a TRE on a Suzuki, this makes *** bike think its in 5th gear rather than 6th thus eliminating the top speed restriction, however if it tops at at 186mph before it reaches max rpm in 5th gear then if the same kind of item was used it would have to make the bike think it is in 4th gear all the time. Might run too lean though in the higher gears due to the ram air system. I'm sure someone will sort something out :D

Thats crazy fast though. The Busa does the 1/4 in high 9's I believe at only 145ish mph so I'm impressed with the Kwakers numbers :D Still not sure on the styling though, it does look a little dated to me too.

Associate
DRZ said:
I dont have it to hand but I am pretty sure it was in Superbike that it was a gearing limitation rather than an ECU job just so that it couldnt be removed as soon as it hit the dealers etc.

Im probably dreaming though, or Superbike were talking from their anuses again.

Can't see it being gearing otherwise it would run flat out in 6th surely.

If it can hit its restricted top speed in 5th and it has 6 gears then it will not be done via the gearing.

Permabanned
Blooming hell, 8995 for such a machine!

Bargain I tell thee...

I'm 17 atm and I have a full car driving license and next year will hopefully have 1 years ncb, how much would it cost me to insure such a beast next year, once I've passed the motorcycle test?

That speed/acceleration is insane.

Soldato
Violent-J said:
I'm 17 atm and I have a full car driving license and next year will hopefully have 1 years ncb, how much would it cost me to insure such a beast next year, once I've passed the motorcycle test?

Well as you are only 17 you would only be permitted to ride a bike up to 33BHP, No claims bonus does not carry over from your car licence.

If you bought one of those and limited it, to 33BHP from 208BHP can you imagine what this would do its balance and handling?

I think you need a rethink my friend. If you are going to get bike licence, then get some lessons, and put a bit of thought in to what you can actually run, not only would something like this be impractical for you, it would probably kill both you and your bank balance.

Last edited:
Soldato
:eek: I want I want, they are very large for a bike but they have to be, try putting that power down through a small bike! I would like to know how they handle really as obviosuly they arent going to be as nimble in the bends as the smaller bikes. Expect to be stared at for a good few years yet as these beasts are still going to be very rare!

EDIT: Just noticed you are in staffs, I DEMAND a go :)

Violent-J said:
I would expect nothing less than £4000 for TP cover, I paid £1000 last year for my CBR6, i am also still only 17. Restriction isnt taken into consideration with most insurances anyway, well mine havent asked for proof of restriction.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
lukechad said:
EDIT: Just noticed you are in staffs, I DEMAND a go :)

lol :D

lukechad said:
I would expect nothing less than £4000 for TP cover, I paid £1000 last year for my CBR6, i am also still only 17. Restriction isnt taken into consideration with most insurances anyway, well mine havent asked for proof of restriction.

How does £525 fully comp grab ya ;) (29yrs old, 4yrs ncb)

Back
Top Bottom