Just got ran off the road!

Sgarrista
Commissario
On the way home, I spot a car coming at me drifting into the middle of the road, driver looking at their lap (obviously on phone).

Even if they spotted me, no way we wernt coming together so had to bail off the road into a field/embankment area.

Got the reg number fortunately and a witness. Cars going in to check for any damage Monday, I cant spot anything immediate and it drives fine fortunately.

Talk about getting **** up though!

Soldato
I once got forced up the pavement by a lorry that cut a corner coming the other way. This was before dash cams though :/

Soldato
I once got forced up the pavement by a lorry that cut a corner coming the other way. This was before dash cams though :/
Saw something similar recently where two lanes are separated by an island, and the truck driver decided to turn right into the opposing lane rather than the correct(left) lane. Definitely was plenty of room to use the left lane.. and he didn't bother waiting for incoming traffic before turning either

OcUK Staff
I have to say on Monday I was taking the third exit on a roundabout, the exit has two lanes, I was in the right hand lane parked behind another car as a pedestrian crossing was active.
A passat is in the left lane next to me, taking same 3rd exit, so no problem as exit is two lanes and continues in two lanes.

As the car in front is pulling away, I begin to pull away and he just cuts in front of me for no apparent reason, no indication and is taking the same exit so he had zero need to do so, I carry on and he keeps on coming, as such I have to brake hard otherwise we'd have collided. I was in the Golf R delivering to new owner so last thing I need to do was bend it.

Now if someone cuts me up, pulls out on me I don't normally mind, I just slow down and carry on with my day, no point in getting wound up by such people.

But man because I had to take such avoiding action I could have had seriously road rage, I was beeping, flashing, then a few seconds later I just calmed down and left it, but there are some totally crazy, oblivious, rude or just damn right dangerous people on the road.

Caporegime
I have to say on Monday I was taking the third exit on a roundabout, the exit has two lanes, I was in the right hand lane parked behind another car as a pedestrian crossing was active.
A passat is in the left lane next to me, taking same 3rd exit, so no problem as exit is two lanes and continues in two lanes.

As the car in front is pulling away, I begin to pull away and he just cuts in front of me for no apparent reason, no indication and is taking the same exit so he had zero need to do so, I carry on and he keeps on coming, as such I have to brake hard otherwise we'd have collided. I was in the Golf R delivering to new owner so last thing I need to do was bend it.

Now if someone cuts me up, pulls out on me I don't normally mind, I just slow down and carry on with my day, no point in getting wound up by such people.

But man because I had to take such avoiding action I could have had seriously road rage, I was beeping, flashing, then a few seconds later I just calmed down and left it, but there are some totally crazy, oblivious, rude or just damn right dangerous people on the road.
The little roundabout by Aldi in Newcastle I often see people straight line it - cutting both lanes - and thus far I’ve witnessed four collisions at that spot, watching the drivers head, you can see more often than not they don’t even look in the mirror prior to doing so, don’t know why this particular roundabout so much,but I seem to spot it there an awful lot - especially considering the mileage I travel all over the UK!

On the few occasions I’ve honked my horn or flashed my lights at the driver, upon getting along side them it’s apparent they are oblivious to what they’ve just done or what the consequences could have been.

Idiots.

Associate
I was doing a charity ride on my bike a few years ago and got side swiped by a Range Rover.

Ended up in a bush covered in those bobble things that stick to everything. Bike was a bit scratched and all the tape was shredded on my handlebars but I was able to complete my ride. It was fortunate that it was a bush and not a brick wall though.

My friend was killed on his bike by a motorcyclist giving it the Valentino Rossi over a crest and wiped him out. He died in the helicopter.

Some people shouldn't be on the road full stop.

Soldato
I was doing a charity ride on my bike a few years ago and got side swiped by a Range Rover.

Ended up in a bush covered in those bobble things that stick to everything. Bike was a bit scratched and all the tape was shredded on my handlebars but I was able to complete my ride. It was fortunate that it was a bush and not a brick wall though.

My friend was killed on his bike by a motorcyclist giving it the Valentino Rossi over a crest and wiped him out. He died in the helicopter.

Some people shouldn't be on the road full stop.
And unfortunately once people pass their test, they never need another (I believe it should be compulsory to have one every 10 years as the vast majority would fail thus reducing emissions and congestion).

Associate
And unfortunately once people pass their test, they never need another (I believe it should be compulsory to have one every 10 years as the vast majority would fail thus reducing emissions and congestion).
I think it's just a lack of care for their fellow man. Attitudes have changed in this country amongst the population and people are a lot more likely to screw each other over at any given opportunity. It just manifests itself into all walk of life.

Man of Honour
I had someone nearly take the front off my little Polo today, silly cow was looking down at her phone turning right as she came across my lane to make the turn. Oblivious to why I was bibbing at her, didn't even look up from her phone! Luckily I was able to drive after her, pull her out of the car, stab her 20 times and dump her in a bin and I got away with it too!!!

....and a free Mercedes as well

So every cloud.

Soldato
I had someone nearly take the front off my little Polo today, silly cow was looking down at her phone turning right as she came across my lane to make the turn. Oblivious to why I was bibbing at her, didn't even look up from her phone! Luckily I was able to drive after her, pull her out of the car, stab her 20 times and dump her in a bin and I got away with it too!!!

....and a free Mercedes as well

So every cloud.
I think Housey has had enough internet for today :p

Associate
Yep plenty of numpties out there. Tailgated by some bells in a camo wrapped smart car today while simultaneously being stuck behind a 318i with an M badge stuck on it. Driver of the 318 was looking everywhere but the road and talking with his passenger. Smart nearly went in the back of me more than once.

See plenty of people looking down at their laps while at lights, etc. Nothing phone related is that important.

Soldato
I nearly got ran off the road by some old woman in a 4x4 yesterday coming home from work. There was a cyclist on her side all she had to do was move over a few inches to go round him but no! she came over the lines in the road and was taking up half of my side aswell to the point I had to slam on and pull into the kerb as close as possible so she didn’t hit me. :(
She drove past completely oblivious with her face practically touching the windscreen her seat was that far forward.

Caporegime
I nearly got ran off the road by some old woman in a 4x4 yesterday coming home from work. There was a cyclist on her side all she had to do was move over a few inches to go round him but no! she came over the lines in the road and was taking up half of my side aswell to the point I had to slam on and pull into the kerb as close as possible so she didn’t hit me. :(
She drove past completely oblivious with her face practically touching the windscreen her seat was that far forward.

I see things like this daily. The obstruction will be on their side of the road but they think it's perfectly acceptable to move over on to your side rather than slow down or stop. I'm going to buy a banger of a 4x4 tank one day, Deathproof the beast, stick a dashcam in and just not stop of move for these idiots. Or people that pull out infront of me at junctions or roundabouts.

Soldato
I see things like this daily. The obstruction will be on their side of the road but they think it's perfectly acceptable to move over on to your side rather than slow down or stop. I'm going to buy a banger of a 4x4 tank one day, Deathproof the beast, stick a dashcam in and just not stop of move for these idiots. Or people that pull out infront of me at junctions or roundabouts.
Women and there love for 4x4’s are sadly becoming a rapidly growing cancer on our roads. If they are not barging you off the road or tailgating because they have a bigger car trying to force you out the way they are forever squeezing into small parking spaces right next to me and bouncing there doors off my car trying to squeeze there fat asses out.
I’ve been tempted as you say to buy something like an old Volvo estate that’s built like a tank and just run into them or when they park about an inch away from my door in the car parks I’ll have no worries opening my door onto there shiny new lease

Caporegime
Meh last August I was reversing into my driveway in my VW GTD. Anyhow made sure both lanes of my street was clear so off I go. Anyhow as I was about to reverse, I look over to my right and see a bmw racing up the road straight at me. When I say racing I mean he was going pretty damn fast. Anyhow I stopped and waited for him to slow down but no he kept coming, at the last minute he slammed his brakes on skidded into my front wing, hit it then instead of reversing back he decides to scrap the whole front end of my car.

Suffice to say I was shocked, he raced off on the wrong side of the road I might add. Happened so quickly I didn’t even get his reg.

So yeh that cost me a few hundred to fix. But muppets will be muppets I guess. It was a bunch of lads in the car probably off their head on drugs or something.

I mean if I see a car pulling out I always slow down to let them finish what they are doing.

Rather bizarre that was.

Back
Top Bottom