Just had an email from o2 home broadband

Soldato
"Hello,

We are aware that you might not have been getting the broadband speeds you expected, particularly between 5-11pm.

We believe this is the result of network congestion in your area, in particular where we have a number of high volume users. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.

The great news is that we have upgraded our network capacity in your area and you should see an improvement in your connection speeds. Work is still ongoing to ensure your connection speeds are as high as possible."

well fingers crossed something is being done.

But it makes total nonsense of the rubbish they've given me over the past few months when they quoted the BT 21st century upgrade date as the date for work to start on resolving the problems.

Unless they have managed to process all the work that quickly they've managed to bring it forward a year :D.

Soldato
Nah, I got that email as well. It just means they added more bandwidth capacity to the exchange.. They haven't brought out ADSL2+ yet to the exchange.

Soldato
Yep, got the same email to and the speeds have shot up to normal again, 50ms ping and 7Mbit down at around 8pm which has never been possible, I would only get them sort of speeds at about 10am on a weekday normally. It kicked in about a week ago, the difference is huge, I can actually watch a YouTube video without it buffering.

I must mention this is the O2 Access package only, not the LLU/ADSL2+ service offered by O2.

Caporegime
It most likely has nothing to do with either the exchange or 21CN, but rather O2 getting Centrals (connections from BT Wholesale's network to O2's) installed

Back
Top Bottom