Just hit the motherload

Soldato
I live in a grotty council flat, I've always thought it was awful, well it's so awful I just had visit from the council telling me they are demolishing the flats.

Bad news? Is it hell

The demolition is happening in 3 phases. I am in phase 2, Basically, By phase 2, New houses will have been built in the place of houses destroying in phase 1.

I am going to be moved into one of these new homes, they aren't tacky. they are supposed to be really well designed economic homes, They aren't council houses. They are built by the housing association.

They will cost more in rent than my current place, But I will save on the economic efficiency the homes provide, apparently the heating on the place can be run for £20 a month, they will have fitted solar panels + general Gas heating.( I currently pay £15 a week)

On top of that, The council will be giving me a £100 base line decorating budget, and then £50 for a living room, and £35 per every other room in the home. They will pay for removal of all my furniture from my current location to the new place. If I need a phone line installing, Sky TV installing (Which I do) If I keep the receipts they will refund me.

Now all that sounds great yes?

Well get this I'm also receiving £5000 compensation for "making" me move home.

I nearly wet my pants!

Phase 2 doesn't happen until 2009 like, Phase 1 has already begun.

A single guy like me, moving into a home like that, more or less free of charge and receiving a quarter of a years wage in 1 lump sum

Jackpot I say.

Soldato
OP
Why don't you get a decent job and pay your way, rather than sponging of society?

lmao, I'm up at 5am every morning for work, don't get in until 6pm on a night and i work my ass off as a computer technician within education. So you can go to hell with comments like that one.

I probably work a damn sight harder than you Mr jump to conclusions because I'm a nasty forumite

Man of Honour
lmao, I'm up at 5am every morning for work, don't get in until 6pm on a night and i work my ass off as a computer technician within education. So you can go to hell with comments like that one.

I probably work a damn sight harder than you Mr jump to conclusions because I'm a nasty forumite

Then why do you need handouts then?

Soldato
Then why do you need handouts then?

Who said he needed it? Stop being such a douchebag. :rolleyes: You would refuse compensation if you were told to relocate due to a situation out of your control?

Yes I know that Bio, but somebody needs to tell Acidhell to SHUT UP sometime.

Permabanned
yep. I'm sorry but Handouts should only be given to people who absolutely need them.

Its not a hand out, its compensation. Argue over that if you want.

Your attitude comes across rather pompus and snooty on topics like this. Wading in both feet ranting this and that every time.

Why not give it a rest?

Back
Top Bottom