Just hit the motherload

Soldato
so youd be happy if someone told you your house was going to be demolished ?

the op obviosuly is :p but ALLOT of people wont of been which is why the council had to put together compensation packages. some of the people will of probably got more money too for putting up a fight. (allot of people did when this happened in middlesbrough)

are the people moaning saying that they would turn down the money ?

dont see a problem with it at all. moving is stressful as it is. im guessing even more so when you wherent intending on it.

Last edited:
Don
he did have no intention of moving. he was planning it but it wasnt set in stone

i must be reading a totally different thread to the one you are enjoying

im reading the first post on page one (just in case) ;)

and it reads like so :

"my house sucks"

"council offered me a new one"

"even get a few quid to do it up nice and homely like"

"woohooo!"

"oh and i get 5k too just to increase the peace"

Soldato
i must be reading a totally different thread to the one you are enjoying

im reading the first post on page one (just in case) ;)

and it reads like so :

"my house sucks"

"council offered me a new one"

"even get a few quid to do it up nice and homely like"

"woohooo!"

"oh and i get 5k too just to increase the peace"

you havent proved the point that he said he wanted to move and he planned on it in the first place? before the council knocked on his door.

Don
so youd be happy if someone told you your house was going to be demolished ?

the op obviosuly is :p but ALLOT of people wont of been which is why the council had to put together compensation packages.

are the people moaning saying that they would turn down the money ?

not a chance, good luck to him go spend the money and enjoy it

im moaning the council just offered it before actually even consulting him, after reading his post im sure he would almost pay the council for the privilege, the 5k is an utter waste of money that didnt have to be offered as part of the initial deal.

Don
you havent proved the point that he said he wanted to move and he planned on it in the first place? before the council knocked on his door.

What point do i have to prove, I questioned you assuming he wanted to stay, I/we have just helped pay for him to move into a lovely new home, especially as his old home gained this glowing review

I live in a grotty council flat, I've always thought it was awful,

so where exactly from the original post did you glean he wanted to stay put?

Soldato
What point do i have to prove, I questioned you assuming he wanted to stay, I/we have just helped pay for him to move into a lovely new home, especially as his old home gained this glowing review

so where exactly from the original post did you glean he wanted to stay put?

Where did you gain that he planned on moving? because he didnt...it only became reality when council came around.

Don
Where did you gain that he planned on moving? because he didnt...it only became reality when council came around.

I never said he did, you just assumed he wanted to stay and now seem to think I said the opposite, stop digging

here ill help you understand my point of view in case your rose tinted specs are making it difficult for you to comprehend.

OP gets an offer he cant refuse, jumps at the chance and is over the moon, makes no ill remarks about the inconvenience of the situation that has befronted him, infact throughout the whole post he is elated that he gets a lovely new home.

more power to him,

what I begrudge is the 5k payment that isnt asked for, needed or deserved.

savvy?

Soldato
I never said he did, you just assumed he wanted to stay and now seem to think I said the opposite, stop digging

here ill help you understand my point of view in case your rose tinted specs are making it difficult for you to comprehend.

OP gets an offer he cant refuse, jumps at the chance and is over the moon, makes no ill remarks about the inconvenience of the situation that has befronted him, infact throughout the whole post he is elated that he gets a lovely new home.

more power to him,

what I begrudge is the 5k payment that isnt asked for, needed or deserved.

savvy?

i believe the 5k is needed.... as said id want compensation for getting moved out of my house. and id want a lot more than 5k my opinion.

i dont want to take it further.

Permabanned
basically the council cannot give 5k to someone and not others as there would be an uproar, legal proceedings etc, compo is needed in these cases and unfortunatly councils are in a position where they have to give to all or none.

Soldato
yep. I'm sorry but Handouts should only be given to people who absolutely need them.

I agree, but anyone who is entitled to them should claim them - whether or not they really 'need' them.

I think it's "wrong" that the OP is getting this money, but I don't think the OP himself is doing anything wrong - it's the governments fault for giving, not the peoples fault for taking!

Soldato
care naming a few directly?

fact is if you pay taxes how can you possibly not see the validity of my sentiment for example?
I'll let you speculate ;)

Chavs live in council houses because they can get discounted rent. Most people won't want to live in council houses because of said neighbours. The OP obviously can't/couldn't afford his own place so moved in there.

I simply don't understand why people are bitching about him in a council house. He's stated he pays full rent and council tax (therefore I don't see him getting any handouts whatsoever as a result). He earns a fair wage so isn't a 'sponger', he just wants to live somewhere cheap while he saves up to buy his own place.

As for the £5k, maybe it's to help cover the increase in rent, bills etc ?

Get your heads out of your arses guys, Christ.

Don
i believe the 5k is needed.... as said id want compensation for getting moved out of my house. and id want a lot more than 5k my opinion.

i dont want to take it further.

great if you have a case for needing it then by all means ask for it, but to offer 5k just for ****'s and giggles is a waste of indirectly my money. The OP doesnt need it - nor has he ever said otherwise.

The financial controllers of the council here could direct that cash into much more worthy causes like educating students on economic values and simple business principles :p

no offence but as a student you havent really felt the pain of having to hand over 40% of your salary, once you do maybe you could and would appreciate the mild annoyance it causes to see your hard earned cash just frittered away.

Back
Top Bottom