• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Just hooked my GTX up 2 my TV and...

Soldato
...The TV has about 1" missing (cut off) on each side (top,bottom, left and right) I'm using a s-video lead and I have a Phillips 28" LCD HD TV.
Ive adjusted my TV screen sizes and looked in my nvidia control panel but no luck. How can I get the TV image to fit in the screen area?

Soldato
OP
o.k this is starting to get annoying, Ive checked every setting I can think off still my TV image is cut trimmed round the edges, I put the ratio on 4:3 so I can see black lines down the left and right of my TV and the image is still cut, its got to be something to do with the settings on the GPU

Associate
you need a hdmi dvi lead mate svideo was crap even on anolouge tv's

on hdtv it is worse your computer is outputting a hdtv signal your tv is hd just there is a crap standard defintion cable between them

dvi hdmi or vga maybe component is the way to connect your computer to your hdtv

Last edited:
Soldato
Loowi_ashley said:
o.k this is starting to get annoying, Ive checked every setting I can think off still my TV image is cut trimmed round the edges, I put the ratio on 4:3 so I can see black lines down the left and right of my TV and the image is still cut, its got to be something to do with the settings on the GPU

I think s-video will only carry standard definition pictures ( pretty sure the max I could get my old radeon to output to TV over s-video was 1024x768 , which I know isn't a tv res but it would still do it ) so you are probably only seeing part of the image your card is producing .

What happen if you take the res down to 1024, 800 or 640 widths ? Do you get the full picture then ?

Anyway its kind of redundant as others have said you should be using dvi, hdmi or component for the best results .

Back
Top Bottom