Just need some feedback & your thoughts what does BOOK mean to you?

Associate
Hi all, i am currently researching for a brief, and the main aspect of this is based on a company called The Book. They are basicaly a recruitment agency for creatives. I was wondering if you guys could give me some feed back on this question.....

When you think of a book what does it mean to you? Maybe your favorite book had an effect on your life or you hate them anything would be wonderfull.

thanks again guys/gals

Adam.

Soldato
When you think of a book what does it mean to you? Maybe your favorite book had an effect on your life or you hate them anything would be wonderfull.

Cosy night in with rock FM playing and some scrumpy cider to one side... on my comfy bed of course!

Also thick light brown cracked leather for some reason...

Suspended
knowledge

I dont know why, but it always has ever since i was very young. Ive been reading from a very early age, have a decent collection of books and never throw any away or sell them.

Once read you can hardly tell its been read, that really annoys the missus. And i cant stand it if i see someone fold a corner! thats what a book mark is for!!

Associate
to me it conjures images of worlds of my own imaginings and a long sunday afternoon sitting reading a book I've just got into (like yesterday actually!)

Soldato
Odd question...

What a book means to me is our ability to share thoughts with each other. It represents the freedom of ideas the ability to give learning and entertainment to the masses.

It also means lack of sleep... if I pick up a really good book I hardly sleep till I am done with it.

'The Book' would also kind of signify possibly a religious text or a compendium of knowledge.

Man of Honour
Beren said:
What a book means to me is our ability to share thoughts with each other. It represents the freedom of ideas the ability to give learning and entertainment to the masses.

It also means lack of sleep... if I pick up a really good book I hardly sleep till I am done with it.

Definitely a lack of sleepl; and anm exercise of thje imagination

Sorry am typing in ski gloves :o

and was my GF typing :rolleyes:

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
malc30 said:
Not being bored whilst i have a crap.

Lol at malc :D

To me books provide escapism... if there is something going on in my life that I want to stop thinking about I tend to read a book...

They affect me badly though...especially if its Chick Lit.. I tend to stay away from them as they **** me off too much!

BB x

Permabanned
To pick up a new book, something that I haven't read yet means a promise of something new. Whether it is information and knowledge, or escapism and excitement, it is always something new. Even if it is a factual book on a subject I already know quite a lot about, the language used and the way that the facts are presented will always throw up new elements.

I always feel sad when I finish a book that I have enjoyed and it always takes me longer to read the last few pages as I want to eke them out. It's a bit like leaving a friend behind while I go off to pastures new.

Yes, it is absolutely disgusting to turn down the corners of pages and should be made a criminal offence. Especially library books.

Associate
BrightonBelle said:
To me books provide escapism... if there is something going on in my life that I want to stop thinking about I tend to read a book...

Good way to fill time and streatch the imagination, let you see anothers PoV.

Back
Top Bottom