Just passed my DAS, GSX650F of XJ6 Div F???

Associate
First off, just completed my DAS and passed both tests first time. :D I did the course over 2.5 days inc tests (I've been riding on my CBT since October last year) with 1on1 Rider Training in Bedfordshire who were fantastic, I would recommend them to anyone!

Now, I need to trade my little R125 in for a big bike. I rode the XJ6 (naked version) for my DAS and was incredibly impressed by it so am naturally considering the XJ6 Diversion F as a first big bike. I also rode the ER-6 and preferred the inline 4 so I'm also considering the Suzuki GSX650F. I have a budget of about £3.5k so I'll be looking at ~2011 XJ6 or ~2009 650F. Has anyone on here been able to compare the 2? The XJ6 is a bit less powerful but is better value and I've heard more reliable.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Soldato
First off, just completed my DAS and passed both tests first time. :D I did the course over 2.5 days inc tests (I've been riding on my CBT since October last year) with 1on1 Rider Training in Bedfordshire who were fantastic, I would recommend them to anyone!

Now, I need to trade my little R125 in for a big bike. I rode the XJ6 (naked version) for my DAS and was incredibly impressed by it so am naturally considering the XJ6 Diversion F as a first big bike. I also rode the ER-6 and preferred the inline 4 so I'm also considering the Suzuki GSX650F. I have a budget of about £3.5k so I'll be looking at ~2011 XJ6 or ~2009 650F. Has anyone on here been able to compare the 2? The XJ6 is a bit less powerful but is better value and I've heard more reliable.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

My last bike was the XJ650 and my current bike is the GSX650F.... :D

The XJ650 is the most boring bike i've ever owned. It's simple and never failed on a 60(ish) mile a day commute, it was a really donkey but i hated it. Didn't have much grunt, handled horribly, like trying to roll a brick.

The GSX650F was a complete surprise. It's comfortable, fun, handles really well. It's an excellent middle weight all-rounder. It's like night and day in my opinion. Can also be mistaken for a GSXR from the front :p. I was annoyed i couldn't find a decent CBR600F at the time so settled for the GSXF, kinda glad now :)

I love GSX650F it's 10' plate, 1000 miles cost me £3900.

mD6XMYV.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks rossi, massive help and potentially the decision made! I am only looking at faired bikes as I use a lot of motorway/dual carriageway on my daily commute. I considered a Fazer a while back so may investigate that more.

Back
Top Bottom