Just picked up the new Asus 27 IPS Monitor

Associate
OP
How does that work with them having different resolutions? I bought this monitor today as the dgm was out of stock at the opening and I currently have a couple 22inch monitors

I run them as extended desktops so the Asus is centre at full IPS 2560 resolution and the two HP 22 inchers are at 1680 resolution. When I run games I flip to SLI on the ASUS only.

I don't game across 3 screens.

I use my PC mainly as a processing machine and the occasional gamer

Soldato
Aye i just wasnt sure how it worked having different resolutions between then when moving windows between the screens lol. Will try it myself =]

Soldato
Loving this monitor :)

In the package there was a little plastic bracket thing, on the pictures that i have looked at 'after' setting up the monitor it appears that its meant to clip on the back of the arm or something....

...what is it and do i need to put it on? lol

Associate
It's just a little cable tidy so you can route the wires down the stand. Certainly not essential :) And glad you're liking it - me too.

Associate
It feels like I will be forever waiting for a decent no hassle 1440p monitor. :/

Let us know how you get on with the Dell mate.

Had the Dell now for a couple of days and everything good so far. No dead pixels and no significant back light bleed. Don't mind paying the extra for this now that the Asus has dropped in price.

Man of Honour
What's the best way to test this potential PWM flickering?

Only way to know if you are susceptible to PWM related flicker is to use it at different brightness settings. The lower you go, the more potential is you might see flicker but only a small proportion of people would be affected in reality. We already know the PB278Q uses PWM for backlight dimming (like most screens)

Soldato
Only way to know if you are susceptible to PWM related flicker is to use it at different brightness settings. The lower you go, the more potential is you might see flicker but only a small proportion of people would be affected in reality. We already know the PB278Q uses PWM for backlight dimming (like most screens)

Thanks Baddass :) I do normally like the brightness on monitors lower than most people but hopefully I won't be able to notice anything annoying.

Associate
It feels like I will be forever waiting for a decent no hassle 1440p monitor. :/

Let us know how you get on with the Dell mate.

I have the asus and i have to say at first i was having Major back light bleeding but after a week it all went apart from a tiny bit in 1 corner, not noticeable really.

all IPS screens have some degree of failure, even dell, its the technology they use. I was pretty unlucky with my BLB and almost returned it, but it did settle to almost no BLB.

apart from that NO problems loving every moment of it.

I say just buy one and stop looking at 1/100 people who say they have a bad monitor.

its like looking at the dell forums and reading all the threads every hour of people with problems, clearly all laptops are hassle, but you cant wait for years for a 100% hassle free dell laptop?

Soldato
Well i am literally in love with this monitor since getting it set up on sunday. I havent checked for problems because i dont want to find them lol. I havent noticed any bleeding/flicker/dead pixels in use. Games and documents both look amazing.

I am using out of the box settings and dont find it too bright so maybe thats why i dont see any flickering? I have no intention of changing any settings though as this is just so good lol.

If you are thinking about getting one just do it with confidence its the best purchase i have made in years.

Associate
I've read some comments saying that the ASUS looks sharper and crispier than the Dell U2713HM. People say that due to this, the fonts looks thinnier on the ASUS and you have to reduce the sharp setting to get an easier to read font like the Dell.

Could anyone confirm this?

Soldato
I've read some comments saying that the ASUS looks sharper and crispier than the Dell U2713HM. People say that due to this, the fonts looks thinnier on the ASUS and you have to reduce the sharp setting to get an easier to read font like the Dell.

Could anyone confirm this?

I dont have great eyesight and used to have to lean in to read documents on my 22" dell ips. With this monitor i can sit back and read fine everything is very clear.

Associate
I just set up the monitor now and I've found a black mark on the bottom right corner of the screen, just my luck. There also seems to be a dead/stuck pixel at the upper right corner, and I haven't even looked under the sticker.

Man I'm gutted as the screen itself looks great. How do I go about replacing this through OCUK and what time frame am I looking at?

Looking at the mark now, it seems to be under the surface. Oh well.

Associate
Looking at it again, the mark seems to be behind the actual panel? Would that signify a black-light defect?

Will OCUK be able to replace the monitor themselves or will it have to go to ASUS for RMA?

Associate
I just set up the monitor now and I've found a black mark on the bottom right corner of the screen, just my luck. There also seems to be a dead/stuck pixel at the upper right corner, and I haven't even looked under the sticker.

Man I'm gutted as the screen itself looks great. How do I go about replacing this through OCUK and what time frame am I looking at?

Looking at the mark now, it seems to be under the surface. Oh well.

I had exactly the same problem with my Asus monitor and I sent it back and got a refund (from a OCuK competitor), although I did not have to pay return postage with the other company.

Back
Top Bottom