Just purchased end game headphones...

Associate
Hi all,

Just purchased a set of Focal Clear, hoping they will be end game! Have 14 days to send them back and got £50 knocked of the price. I had planned on getting the Elear when they first came out, glad I waited as these are a much better deal from what I have read. Call me crazy for not trying them out first but like I said I have 14 days to return them.

Currently using a Cambridge Audio DacMagicPlus and Audio Technica 2000x, may sell the 2000x to put towards a better amp/dac combo possibly with balanced out but not looked in to that will see how they perform with what I have.

Will look at expanding my high res collection to eek every last drop of performance out of them though!

Thanks,
Sean

Associate
Heard these the other day. Not really a fan but I thought they improved over the Elear a little. Focal really need to tone down the aggression! They're quite resolving with good background clarity but for the current price I wouldn't even consider them if I'm honest. How are you finding them? I would see how they sound on your current rig before investing in a better set up to base around.

Associate
OP
Heard these the other day. Not really a fan but I thought they improved over the Elear a little. Focal really need to tone down the aggression! They're quite resolving with good background clarity but for the current price I wouldn't even consider them if I'm honest. How are you finding them? I would see how they sound on your current rig before investing in a better set up to base around.

I have not actually got them yet haha, posted this as soon as I ordered them as I was excited. What was driving the pair you listened to? What do you currently use?

Associate
I have not actually got them yet haha, posted this as soon as I ordered them as I was excited. What was driving the pair you listened to? What do you currently use?
Ah okay :) I have the Atticus + Mimby/Modded HP8 I listened to them on a range of sources like the Chord Dave and Hugo 2.

Back
Top Bottom