just seen An Inconvenient Truth.

Permabanned
its a very interesting and well thought out production that raises many valid points and shows you some relatively unknown but major events that have already happened and are happening right now. Whilst some of the documentary does lean towards the more extream end of the scale given to us by climate scientists (for example it claims that we could see a sea rise of 7 meters if we lost the greenland ice shelf or indeed 50% of that shelf and 50% of the arctic) it has good reason for doing so as even the conservative opinions for global climate change are extreamly worrying.

To the doubters out there, it will also explain why it is that you doubt Global Warming as it examines the media`s output to the public virses the actual scientific data that should have been put out by said media, and will present you with questions that you simply cant explain away by saying "its a natural cycle"

believer or sceptic, you should watch this film.

Associate
Saw it last weekend - sadly the cinema was pretty empty - so its not gonna impact enough people. Important message - we need to change our ways or we're in big trouble as a civilisation.

Associate
Just watched this today.

I have never really been what I would describe as a 'tree hugger' and have never really questioned the way I/we treat the planet, but this documentary has really opened my eyes and made me think about the effects we are having on the planet.

Which, I guess, is exactly what it was made for.

Definitely one to watch if you can.

Soldato
I saw this on a plane. Definately interesting, and i feel like it should have changed my mind about global warming -- but it just didnt. Maybe it's his accent, maybe i'm far too cynical.. meh. Well put together though, aside from the flashback type bits.

Soldato
Saw it as well and thought is was excellent and just confirms what I've been believing for a long time now.

I try to live as energy efficient as possible. Seems to be working. My gas bill came today and it was a mahoosive £29! My electricity bill came last week and it was £54 pounds!. Last year this time it was £167 and £185 respectively!

This energy efficient living as doing wonders for the old wallet.

Permabanned
OP
Scam said:
I saw this on a plane. Definately interesting, and i feel like it should have changed my mind about global warming -- but it just didnt. Maybe it's his accent, maybe i'm far too cynical.. meh. Well put together though, aside from the flashback type bits.

so you didnt like the film ? or do you not believe global warming exists ? im a little confused :)

Soldato
locutus12 said:
so you didnt like the film ? or do you not believe global warming exists ? im a little confused :)

A little of both i guess. I liked the way the film was put together but some of the parts (an example that i can remember is of him sitting in the back of the car, with voice-over) i thought were quite cheesy. I seem to remember bits that really didnt carry any relevance to the point of the film.

I believe global warming exists, however although the evidence was clearly shown and i felt it should have swayed me to believe its all our own doing -- i'm too cynical to believe him. Sources would have been good.

Permabanned
OP
all the sources for the information are on the web site, the main bulk of the data used came from the IPCC (indipendant panel on climate change) its a group of several hundred scientists from all over the world who have all been bringing their data together for the last 5 years, and all their data says the same thing, were causing the problem.

let me give you a rather insane example of just how much our CO2 output is increasing... if every car, and i mean EVERY car, was taken off the streets of england tomorrow, it would take just 86 days for the growth in chinas economy to replace the CO2 that england would have saved from the atmosphere.

you cant artificially (i.e. by man made means) increase greenhouse gasses to their highest level in over six hundred thousand years, and expect everything to be fine. if you were in bed asleep and i added a thin layer to your quilt every few minutes... youd soon start to swet.

Back
Top Bottom