Just seen FB advert on TV

Soldato
I've said for a few years that Facebook is now in terminal decline (replaced by Instagram and Snapshat). No-one at my sons or daughters schools use it. They also say that it's for old people and wouldn't want their friends to think they use it. It's doomed even though it may take decades to actually die off.

Watching their Gran do the endless moron thumb swipe can't be too endearing.

Soldato
I've said for a few years that Facebook is now in terminal decline (replaced by Instagram and Snapshat). No-one at my sons or daughters schools use it. They also say that it's for old people and wouldn't want their friends to think they use it. It's doomed even though it may take decades to actually die off.

The young have got bored of FB as quickly as they did with bebo, myspace etc. However FB is strong with the old people who will keep it going for a while.

Permabanned
Last edited:
Caporegime
It feels like because the programmes that get the most media coverage are soaps and reality TV like Eastenders and Love
Island, that they feel that’s all people watch and all that’s on it. They seem to forget about the fantastic documentaries like Blue Planet, Planet Earth etc.

Also, the ones who say “I don’t need a TV, I can watch it on my PC”. Nice one Einstein. So you’d rather watch 1080p TV on your thousand pound PC with a 24 inch monitor, when you can get a 48 inch 4K TV for £400!

Last edited:
Soldato
It feels like because the programmes that get the most media coverage are soaps and reality TV like Eastenders and Love
Island, that they feel that’s all people watch and all that’s on it. They seem to forget about the fantastic documentaries like Blue Planet, Planet Earth etc.

Also, the ones who say “I don’t need a TV, I can watch it on my PC”. Nice one Einstein. So you’d rather watch 1080p TV on your thousand pound PC with a 24 inch monitor, when you can get a 48 inch 4K TV for £400!

And most important of all...THE WORLD CUP!!!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Facebook as a company will be fine, they own Instagram and WhatsApp.

I removed myself from FB years ago, it didn't do anything for me. It's useful for my wife who runs a business, she gets a lot of messages through there.

I just use a private instagram account now. I like how you can mute/hide stuff you don't like easily so I can focus on very quickly seeing stuff I'm interested in.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Back
Top Bottom