Just seen FB advert on TV

Caporegime
They try to make it sound like they’re going to turn the site into some kind of emotional utopia for us.

It will still be full of ads, endless memes and stupid name lists of girls who deserve to be treated like a princess.

Caporegime
Did they have a disclaimer about selling your personal information on at every opportunity and trying to control political opinion through censorship? report them to the advertising standards agency if not.

Man of Honour
I also found this really odd.

What I found even more odd was an advert for NATO on Facebook. Why is that a thing? It was a little bit Starship Troopers to be honest, I half expected a "Would you like to know more?" option to pop up.

Caporegime
Facebook has taken over London, you can't open a paper, see a bus or go for a drive without seeing their new slogans like "Fake news is not our friend". You'd think they recently got busted for something large and are trying to save face.

Soldato
Does ITV have no ethics about the type of advertising they accept ? the smell test. ...
what next ISIS adds or NK/Russian tourist board ... should be legislated like cigarettes

[gratuitous plug ...

28146802739_3d3f037fff_z_d.jpg

]

Soldato
VX05dyrh.png.jpg

I think it is interesting though, up until a month or two back I still thought there is no way Facebook could fold like MySpace did... now I'm not so sure. A lot of the kids don't bother with it now. Luckily for Facebook, they own Instagram!

Caporegime
They try to make it sound like they’re going to turn the site into some kind of emotional utopia for us.

It will still be full of ads, endless memes and stupid name lists of girls who deserve to be treated like a princess.

An old friend of mine who I grew up with in Holland sticks to Facebook like glue. I can post any old crap and literally within seconds he likes it, not only that but he's always posting those "Tag a friend and if they don't respond in 0.047 seconds they have to buy you all the foods" things. I had to unfollow him because they just got too much.

Soldato
Yeah, they get caught out big time messing with privacy and data, and then the whole advert ends with them saying that this sort of behaviour is not ok and that they won't do it. What a load of rubbish. If they hadn't have been caught out, we'd not be seeing such an advert.

Man of Honour
I've said for a few years that Facebook is now in terminal decline (replaced by Instagram and Snapshat). No-one at my sons or daughters schools use it. They also say that it's for old people and wouldn't want their friends to think they use it. It's doomed even though it may take decades to actually die off.

Back
Top Bottom