• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Just sold my 5700 XT for £740

Soldato
Keep your panties on Gibbo
but as your asking yes ocuk are one of the worst scalpers out of all retailers

As long as someone is not in a position to purchase all the stock its fair to charge what ever the market will bare especially so when it's luxery items or items you don't need..

It's not like they are charging several times the rrp..

If they sell the luxery item below market value somoen will buy them all and resell at market rates..

Soldato
@Why the hell a 5700XT worth so much at the moment? Is not much stronger then a 3060 (if)

It has a high hashrate per watt ratio, that's why it is in demand. They get stuck in some mining rig, undervolted and underclocked and generate 2.5-3.5 currency a day. After 100 days or so it's net profit.

Not a big fan of crypto, it seems like a really stupid way to burn 10-100KWH a day to make a light income that mostly supports organised crime.

Man of Honour
there should be a law that prohibits anyone from reselling a 2nd hand item item for more than they paid.
Why? That just reduces supply and drives up the prices of new items even more because you have no option but to buy new if nobody is selling second hand because the amount they can charge is artificially constrained to an unacceptably low level. Moot point anyway as it would also be impossible to properly enforce because peolpe would just charge the price they paid for their 2nd hand item plus another £200 for 'postage and packing'.

Soldato
I mean, our 2nd hands GPUs are only worth that much because the retailers are absolutely scalping them on the first place, if stores werent selling them for rip off prices on the first place then the 2nd hand ones wouldnt be worth as much either so dont expect people to undercut their 2nd hand GPU prices while stores keep their blatant extortionate prices.

No, its because miners are buying them up at any cost. Surely it doesn't take a genius to work out this is why it sold for this price.

Soldato
How often do people get scammed on that popular auction site? I want to sell my FHR 3080 as I just don't game anymore but am very wary of Paypal's 6 month return period. I could get £1700 for it and DO NOT want to have to worry about that for 6 months. Sell elsewhere?

Caporegime
How often do people get scammed on that popular auction site? I want to sell my FHR 3080 as I just don't game anymore but am very wary of Paypal's 6 month return period. I could get £1700 for it and DO NOT want to have to worry about that for 6 months. Sell elsewhere?

Absolutely. Cash in hand local sale or CEX.

Associate
OP

I wouldn't sell on ebay again. They will hold your money for 30 days.

Associate
OP
@Why the hell a 5700XT worth so much at the moment? Is not much stronger then a 3060 (if)

mining - only reason I sold it. Bought a card with the same performance, less power and a warranty with left overs.

6600XT prices have gone up almost 60% in two months. That is gouging by everyone.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I just checked ebay and my GIgabyte Gaming OC 2070 Super is selling for £900+

What in the hell!

Maybe I will just buy a super cheap nVidia card and sell the 2070? :o

Associate
It has a high hashrate per watt ratio, that's why it is in demand. They get stuck in some mining rig, undervolted and underclocked and generate 2.5-3.5 currency a day. After 100 days or so it's net profit.

Not a big fan of crypto, it seems like a really stupid way to burn 10-100KWH a day to make a light income that mostly supports organised crime.

crypto linked to crime? like the cartels now use crypto to hide their money, out goes swiss accounts and in comes crypto, untouchable by the worlds authorities?

Associate
I sold mine ages ago for over £500, I think it was £575.00 I paid £375.00 for it new it took the sting out of paying £1505 for an RTX 3090 in October last year.

I was keeping the 5700 XT as a spare till I saw how much they were going for.

sold my powecolor rx5700 for £500 paid £285 could have got more at the time but it was a doorstep collection with cash in hand

it paid for my rx6700xt minus £20-30

Associate
so you're telling me, my 5700xt that's just lying in a box in my bedroom is worth a lot of moola? (I replaced it with a 3080TI)

Soldato
Mining really does need to just bog off now, Its sad sad times for those people who want a decent card but cannot afford one.

I think if mining did ever stop been profitable using Desktop Gpus they'd very slowly trickle down in price back to around what they should be but would years because people would still be greedy.

One card in general i think that's always been overpriced is 1080Ti,s They may still be very good performers but they're old now, Most are probably hitting their end of life and have absolutely no warranty at all. Crazy to think people will still pay anywhere between £450 -700 for one.

Associate
Mining really does need to just bog off now, Its sad sad times for those people who want a decent card but cannot afford one.

I think if mining did ever stop been profitable using Desktop Gpus they'd very slowly trickle down in price back to around what they should be but would years because people would still be greedy.

One card in general i think that's always been overpriced is 1080Ti,s They may still be very good performers but they're old now, Most are probably hitting their end of life and have absolutely no warranty at all. Crazy to think people will still pay anywhere between £450 -700 for one.

1080TIs for some reason have been overpriced even before this whole mining thing when you could already get new 2070s for around 450 quid.

Back
Top Bottom