Just spent £3k on suspension...

Caporegime
What an idiot. The article is full of fantastic quotes and numbers but this really sums it up for us nicely:

'I feel discriminated against because I'm driving a modified car - it's lowered, so it's four inches off the road - and I'm being denied my right to drive on these roads.'

Discriminated against. I don't even know where to begin with idiots like this.

Soldato
Probs paid £300 and the DM added a 0.

Also, I do feel sorry for him in a way though, and for other residents. If any of them ever wanted a Lamborghini they couldn't get one because of the council.

Soldato
Probs paid £300 and the DM added a 0.

Also, I do feel sorry for him in a way though, and for other residents. If any of them ever wanted a Lamborghini they couldn't get one because of the council.

That’s discrimination right there.

I love that he was so intimidated by being called vexatious. Why would you lower a Passat and then pay £5000 to insure it? Oh wait, to add stability.

Soldato
he needs to embrace the bouncy hydraulic culture of the USA, then he could raise the car up for speed bumps and lower it again when rollin' through his crib w/ his homies.

that photo. "can you just point at the wheel, so our readers will know where the suspension is, cheers."

Man of Honour
Low?? My Corrado is lower than that (lowered by previous owner). Yes speed bumps are (not) fun. But I don't complain about it.

Soldato
Speed bumps are stupid. There is some along the road where my sister lives and all you can hear in the evening is people slowing down and flooring it in 1st gear between them.

6" seems excessively high for a speed bump though. Some cars are lower than that stock. Either he is talking BS, or the council have actually messed up and made the humps wrong.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's not even that low... And I don't think it's even possible to spend 3K on suspension on an old passat unless you fit really good air ride, which if he had, he wouldn't have this problem.

He's talking ****.

Associate
6" seems excessively high for a speed bump though. Some cars are lower than that stock. Either he is talking BS, or the council have actually messed up and made the humps wrong.

Imagine BS.... iirc the regulations are a max of 4"

edit:

4.—(1) Subject to regulation 7, no road hump shall be constructed or maintained in a highway unless–

(b)it has a minimum length of 900 millimetres measured parallel to an imaginary line along the centre of that carriageway from the point where one face meets the surface of that carriageway to the point where the other face meets the surface of that carriageway;

(c)the highest point on it is not less than 25 millimetres nor more than 100 millimetres higher than an imaginary line parallel to the centre line of that carriageway connecting the surface of that carriageway on one side of the road hump to the surface of that carriageway on the other side of the road hump and passing vertically below that point; and,

Although I'm sure I know of many road humps which are shorter than 900mm (the short sharp ones...) so not sure how that works?

Back
Top Bottom