1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just spent £3k on suspension...

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Django x2, Apr 25, 2019.

1. grudas

Capodecina

? do you stop before the speedbump and wind them up and stop after speedbumps and wide them down? :D

bags is the way to go.

speedbumps are pointless tho, especially silly ones! my girlfriends mum lives in a retirement place and the speedbumps are beyond ridiculous. My s2000 would never go over them, even my lexus which is on standard suspension has touched the bottom a few times.

2. Glanza

Sgarrista

That car doesn't look lowered at all.

3. Nasher

Capodecina

I measured my gt86's height (because I'm bored) and it's about 5" on stock suspension, so I'd be stuck too :/

4. bloodiedathame

Soldato

Christopher Fitzgibbon is the definition of an idiot.

5. Rroff

Man of Honour

Some near where I work that colleagues have touched on them in stock cars while in my pickup it is like "have I gone over them yet?". I see more badly designed ones than effective ones though.

On the road rather than track I don't see the attraction of lowering I like having as good visibility as I can.

6. robinbanks

Gangster

Had to make sure this wasn't a late April fools joke :p I take it someone was bored in the office and come up with this story.:D

7. vanpeebles

Soldato

Speed bumps are a stupid idea like. I'd get smashed to bits going over them in my mini or mgb at 10mph, while big stuff would just power over them, not even slowing.

8. Django x2

Capodecina

My thinking was, that for £3k you'd absolutely be on adjustable air, but no, he's probably "fresh" on a set of chopped H&R springs

9. Acme

Caporegime

Spent £150 on lowering his £1500 Passat and scrapes slightly going over 4" speedbumps.

All numbers suitably engorged so that it makes a fantastic news story, daily fail style.

10. Jumper118

Mobster

Why doesn't he just buy all the land next to the road with the speed bumps and build his own private road that is flat?

11. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

What a waste of money.

No, it doesn’t at all.

12. SDK^

Capodecina

Just click bait to launch his tuber career :p

13. hawker1986

Wise Guy

I agree the car doesn't look very lowered and also the speed bumps don't look particularly high, wouldn't have thought it even scrapes. £5000 on insurance - who would ever pay that to drive a Passat

14. theone8181

Mobster

Why would it ever cost that much in the first place.

15. Mal X

Sgarrista

yes even Ohlins dont cost that much and doubt you can get get really good coilovers/lowering springs for that car anyway..........i lowered the Jazz too much but simply raised it an inch, but yes speed bumps will still cause the tyres to rub every time, i try to go over them at an angle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12zAERC0KA0

16. Amp34

Caporegime

A set of Fox shocks can easily set you back £3k. Would look very odd on a Passat though...

17. Nasher

Capodecina

Probably not. Most places don't seem to make the high end stuff for barges like a Passat. There isn't any point.

18. Kenai

Capodecina

Young driver, modified car, Ireland

The average cost of insurance in Ireland is near enough twice that of the UK to start with and young drivers with modified cars aren't exactly swimming in cheap insurance options in the UK

19. bledd

Don

Yikes. Personally I'd much rather speed cameras over speed bumps. Nice calm flow instead of slow, crawl,slow, crawl.

20. Mal X

Sgarrista

yea and the same goes for my Jazz too, esp here in the u.k................the Honda Fit is only popular for modding in Asia, his car doesn't even look lowered, he probably changed it back before the photo was taken