Just witnessed my first (serious) car crash.

Soldato
Pulling from a junction not long after an old impreza had gone through at some speed I put my foot down but soon realised he was pushing silly speeds away from me. He went around an upcoming bend to be faced with a car waiting to cross the road into a side road. They flashed as if to say slow down and he swerved left, over corrected and went back end first towards the other side of the road, hit the curb, rolled through a hedge, telegraph pole and 2 or 3 gardens before landing on his roof.

Me and two others witnessed it, I had to smash his passenger window for him to crawl out. Not a mark on him. Lucky is an understatement.

Feel sorry for the poor peoples gardens! Don't want to see anything like that ever again.

Was told I may be asked to give a statement in court, but I doubt it will be needed. It's fairly clear he was speeding from the distance he rolled.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeah, I don't remember seeing any airbags.. I took some video of the scene although I don't know if its wise to put stuff up this early after an accident.

Back
Top Bottom