Kaby Lake/Z270 System :)

Associate
Hi!
Just wanted to share my new system, the last time I updated my rig was in august 2014, so this is a big upgrade for me :cool::cool:

All parts from OcUK as usual and thanks for a good job as usual!

I've moved away from custom loop as I just don't have the time and patience anymore but dam the temps are still pretty awesome with the h115 and the hybrid evga cooler

0e7beaeb5f.jpg

0e7bf1ca2d.jpg

Cat Approved

0e7bf96a48.jpg

0e7c0147e9.jpg

0e7c1274d9.jpg

0e7c1b4130.jpg

0e7c260cfb.jpg

Not the most artistic photoshoot but I'll be taking some more decent ones later on!

My previous build Cerby

System Detail:
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Mid Tower Case - Black
Intel Core i5-7600K 3.80GHz (Kaby Lake)
EVGA SuperNova P2 850W 80 Plus Platinum
Asus TUF Z270 Mark 1 Intel Z270
Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB DDR4 PC4-25600C16
3200MHz
Corsair Hydro Series H115i Extreme Performance
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Hybrid Gaming 8192MB GDDR5X
Samsung SM961 Polaris 256GB

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks guys :) I agree, I do love the case. I previously had a phantom 820 and its just too big for me now I wanted something more simple but stylish so I can have everything on my desks, console, tablets, monitor etc in a nice clean setup.

I got some tidying to do and it shall all be hopefully nice and neat!

Haha I wish! but have too many cats already :p they were straight onto the box when it arrived, must've been the haribos

There we're quite a few haribos! I gave them to my team at work for doing a good job :)

Did some testing on games and im on constant 60 fps, temperatures on Titanfall 2 maxed at 1440p didn't even go above 34C on my CPU and GPU which is pretty dam good

I have not even pushed the system to its limit yet by overclocking the cpu/gpu but I don't think Im going to need to resort to that at all. May just leave the CPU at stock settings, not sure

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I'm running everything at stock. I though the same, temps are considerably low (up to 10C lower) than my previous loop/build

I have played titan fall 2 again today fully maxed, 2k res for about 1 hour, before this I was on black dessert online and max gpu temp I got was 36c

I've kept my eye on asus ai suite, corsair link, evga precision. Pretty much everything to monitor temps, I've even kept my case window open just to check the temperate of the air blowing out of the fan/rads and its warm but on the cool side, however the air, radiator, tubing is clearly nowhere near as warm as my previous systems loop which would hit around 40c or more (amd 8350 and amd 290 in the same loop)

If hes only at 60hz V Synced then maybe...? Does seem rather low though.

I think a monitor upgrade is due next though OP, a nice G Sync panel, 1440p 144hz or ultrawide?!

Yeah the next upgrade woyld definitely be a better monitor, my current is 1440p but abit of an all rounder not specifically for gaming. So yeah a G-Sync or any half decent 144hz would certainly be benificial.

I did run furmark shortly getting off titanfall 2 and here is the result (I used the 1440p preset which is a 1 minute bench)

2ba3a6a81f.jpg

Edit - I've been doing some hunting around to find other peoples temperatures from gaming, idle/load etc and I can see that a few people who also have the hybrid water/air cooled evga 1080 on stock are experiencing decent temps, is there any other tool you guys use to monitor temps or bench the gpu?

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi!
Just wanted to share my new system, the last time I updated my rig was in august 2014, so this is a big upgrade for me :cool::cool:

All parts from OcUK as usual and thanks for a good job as usual!

I've moved away from custom loop as I just don't have the time and patience anymore but dam the temps are still pretty awesome with the h115 and the hybrid evga cooler

0e7beaeb5f.jpg

0e7bf1ca2d.jpg

Cat Approved

0e7bf96a48.jpg

0e7c0147e9.jpg

0e7c1274d9.jpg

0e7c1b4130.jpg

0e7c260cfb.jpg

Not the most artistic photoshoot but I'll be taking some more decent ones later on!

My previous build Cerby

System Detail:
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Mid Tower Case - Black
Intel Core i5-7600K 3.80GHz (Kaby Lake)
EVGA SuperNova P2 850W 80 Plus Platinum
Asus TUF Z270 Mark 1 Intel Z270
Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB DDR4 PC4-25600C16
3200MHz
Corsair Hydro Series H115i Extreme Performance
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Hybrid Gaming 8192MB GDDR5X
Samsung SM961 Polaris 256GB

You got a free cat with that order?

Associate
OP
:p Cats are mine!

Rather have a PSU thats more than the required to run the system, if anything it doesn't need to work as hard, less strain and essentially would prolong its life

i.e. a psu 1000w and a system recommended at 800w, that psu would be working hard almost to its limit (80%) in this case It's far off

But even so I guess it gives me the chance to add another gpu if I wanted and go for SLI/Xfire

Soldato
:p Cats are mine!

Rather have a PSU thats more than the required to run the system, if anything it doesn't need to work as hard, less strain and essentially would prolong its life

i.e. a psu 1000w and a system recommended at 800w, that psu would be working hard almost to its limit (80%) in this case It's far off

But even so I guess it gives me the chance to add another gpu if I wanted and go for SLI/Xfire

Indeed. I always buy PSUs capable of more than my initial requirements to keep load down and give room for more powerful upgrades.

Back
Top Bottom