Katie Hopkins at it again

Permabanned
This is the woman that won't let her children play with people she deems to be from a lower social group and also criticised parents for naming children after places.

Katie, how is India, your daughter?

Still would though.

Soldato
This... They do it all the time.

It's the media equivalent of them saying "Only idiots say what" and the general public, in perfect harmonious tune, shouting back "WHATTTT!"

This is the best analogy I've heard about her.

Also, maybe someone ask the Scots when it's OK to make jokes about them again - is there an official date?

Soldato
Ignore her, she has the right to be an idiot as much as the next person - I don't agree with censoring people just because I don't like what they are saying.

Yes it's depressing that our media give her a platform to spout stupidity - but that's only a response to how the public react to her.

Soldato
Reminds me of that crazy cow that used to be on Fox News. Can't remember her name for some reason, and it's probably for the best, but she was completely nuts, and in the same school of thought. But I'd pay good money to see those two to fight in a mud wrestling death-match.

Soldato
Tbh its not a bad joke, could easily imagine a stand up saying that line...or she stole / adapted that from someone else, its a pretty standard / predictable line.

Also what is it atm with the police.... seem to be crashing into everything recently...local paper just ran a story about 3 police crashes in the last week, with members of the public seriously injured in one of them.

PS. Also how far can this PC stuff go? if you can't make a joke after any negative event, and with the internet and twitter being global then maybe 6 months of the year when something bad has happened across the world the rest of the world cannot joke?

Say the reasonable respectful period is 1 week after an event, then you only need 52 events per year and that is the end of jokes?

Need to push back against this 'how dare you make a joke, there has been a..crash/death/famine/war/tsunami/bomb/anything happened this week' PC attitude.

There is a difference between saying a joke with people you know and spouting your joke on the forum/twitter/facebook etc. to be read by people you don't.

Would you tell your insensitive joke to a bereaved family member? I doubt it but it's ok to post it on a forum where they can read it.

I am astounded that people don't get the different between verbal and written forms of communication.

There are definitely things that can be said and should not be written especially jokes about people dying.

Back
Top Bottom