Kawasaki ER-6f @ £3500

Associate
OP
Ok, so I went to a dealer and had a good look at my options.

Ended up going for an ABS version in blue.

Had heated grips fitted, lowering kit, and a datatool red alarm.

Came to roughly £4600 all-in, with my old bike as part-ex.

4160479830_96e70f28ba_o.jpg

4165984823_3b417c6743_o.jpg

Soldato
I`ve never ridden such a boring motorcycle.
Brill commuter however.

I don't think I have ever ridden a bike I could describe as boring, and that includes a 250 Superdream! All bikes are fun to ride, and this will be a significant step up for the OP so I very much doubt he will find it boring.

Soldato
Compared to a Speed Four or my Current Speed Triple the ER-6 is horridly boring.
Like I said, brilliant commuter but the engine is just so dull.
Its as if its too smooth, bang open the throttle and the bike doesnt explode in a sensation of acceleration it just, get you there in its own merry time (which isnt slowly).

Hard to describe but for me it just lacked any kind of character.

Associate
Poot! Congrats on getting a shiny bike. I had the (t'other brand though) alarm fitted to mine, though got no reduction on insurance for it. Do these (by 'these' I actually mean SV650 and ER-6 families) ever actually get nicked?

Actually that's a stupid question. What I probably mean is "they must be a less popular choice than... quicker things". Ahem. I'll get back to work now.

Soldato
:o did they really use an ABS bike?

Thats totally crap! how is that teaching anybody to brake properly, 99% of bikes out there Dont have ABS so people need to know how to brake without it, so much for making new riders safer, just sponging them through the test.

Associate
OP
I guess it's a little bit like passing your driving test in an automatic car...
Except if you do that you don't get licensed to drive manual cars do you?

Did my CBT right through to Mod2 on the CBF125. Great little bike :)

Associate
I passed my DAS back in August andgot myself an SV650s K4. Love the bike would not have wanted to make do with it restricted though! As for ABS, mine doesnt have it, i dont think I would miss it but then again it wouldnt prevent me choosing a bike.

Back
Top Bottom