Kawasaki Ninja 400. Could be a decent A2 lightweight

Soldato
OP
Yeah the KTM looks good but I think a 10,000 RPM twin would be lot better than a single especially at the top end.

Soldato
I think you would be insane to drop five and a bit grand on that personally.

If you want speed hate to say it but you gotta wait and get your full license, I would look at a used bike to tide you over, get a dual sport to start off with and have fun with it. Yamaha do a great 250 street legal dirt bike, drop it and just pick it up again an go, or Suzuki do a 400 (drz is it?) Anyway trying to get a sportsbike on a restricted license like those kids that but the Aprillia rs125's cus they got 5mph faster than the far more reliable, practical and just about better in every way Japanese counterparts.

Ok I'm done :)

Caporegime

If you want speed hate to say it but you gotta wait and get your full license, I would look at a used bike to tide you over, get a dual sport to start off with and have fun with it. Yamaha do a great 250 street legal dirt bike, drop it and just pick it up again an go, or Suzuki do a 400 (drz is it?) Anyway trying to get a sportsbike on a restricted license like those kids that but the Aprillia rs125's cus they got 5mph faster than the far more reliable, practical and just about better in every way Japanese counterparts.

An RS125 has more than double the power of a 4 stroke 125 ;)

Associate
If you're buying an A2 bike in the knowledge that you'll be moving up to a full license and bigger bike in the future then I don't really see the wisdom in spending a lot of money on an A2 bike.

I don't a really see these kind of bikes as "young rider friendly". I see them more as an entry point back into motorcycles for someone who has previously given up or maybe an older rider who doesn't want all that power anymore.

It's a lot of money for a young rider who may be more likely to drop it and then be gutted they've knocked the fairing off a bike that cost the best part of £6000

Soldato
OP
If you're buying an A2 bike in the knowledge that you'll be moving up to a full license and bigger bike in the future then I don't really see the wisdom in spending a lot of money on an A2 bike.

I don't a really see these kind of bikes as "young rider friendly". I see them more as an entry point back into motorcycles for someone who has previously given up or maybe an older rider who doesn't want all that power anymore.

It's a lot of money for a young rider who may be more likely to drop it and then be gutted they've knocked the fairing off a bike that cost the best part of £6000

Yeah the price is bonkers for the standard of machine on offer. The EU licencing laws and manufactures pricing has killed the lightweight bike market.

Soldato
OP

It's a 400cc bike so even without the silly laws you have a limited performance level. The baby 250 R bikes of the 90's make more power than the A2 bikes of today.

Soldato
Yeah the price is bonkers for the standard of machine on offer. The EU licencing laws and manufactures pricing has killed the lightweight bike market.

Agreed on this, thinking about it there really isn't much in the 125-500cc range other than those over priced restricted license bikes that are just pretend big bikes.

It's a 400cc bike so even without the silly laws you have a limited performance level. The baby 250 R bikes of the 90's make more power than the A2 bikes of today.

Depends on what you are looking for, I have no idea about the way bike licenses work now, when I passed my test I could just ride anything, but after 16 years of motorcycling, nothing attracts me to a super sports bike.

Much prefer smaller lighter bikes provided they have plenty of torque to keep it fun, and character, better to ride a slow bike fast then a fast bike slow.

Plus more license friendly.

But I've dunno how restricted an A2 license is?

Back
Top Bottom