• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Keep X1800XT 256mb or go to X1900XT 256mb?

Soldato
Seems almost like a wave of consistant DX10/Vista haters lately, either that or there still polishing there X1900XTs :p

Regardless of what happens we all know the drill, new cards get announced by Nvidia/ATI we all go wild and our wallets go empty eventually.

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Caporegime
HighlandeR said:
Seems almost like a wave of consistant DX10/Vista haters lately, either that or there still polishing there X1900XTs :p

Regardless of what happens we all know the drill, new cards get announced by Nvidia/ATI we all go wild and our wallets go empty eventually.

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

very good! :p

Man of Honour
LoadsaMoney said:
At his res it is worth it, as the x1900 would last longer than his x1800 at that res. :)

I still don't think that makes it worth it, I mean by that logic he may as well buy ANY faster card!

The difference in speed between the two cards is relatively low. If a x1800xt is too slow, then a x1900xt is going to struggle once some more complex games come out. So it won't be that much longer before he would have to replace his card again.

I'm not debating whether he should upgrade from an x1800xt, maybe he should on a 20" widescreen, but I would be wanting something with a bit more grunt to make it worthwhile.

Associate
OP
HangTime said:
<snip>
I'm not debating whether he should upgrade from an x1800xt, maybe he should on a 20" widescreen, but I would be wanting something with a bit more grunt to make it worthwhile.

So an X1900XT 256mb probably isn't worth all the hassle, just wait for the XT1950 to drop?

Back
Top Bottom