keeping my old number + buying online

Soldato
i'm going to order a vario 2 from the t-mobile site, havent got my PAC code from O2 yet.

do i have to let t-mobile know i'll be transferring my old number when i order? or can i get the new phone/contract then call t-mobile say next week with the PAC code to have my old number ported over?

cheers
Steve

Soldato
You should be able to just order your new phone from T-Mobile.
Then, immediately give O2 a call and request your PAC code - don't ask to be specifically disconnected, by requesting your PAC code it is obvious what it is you are doing.
O2 may try and hold on to you depending on what kind of customer you are.

Last time I requested a PAC from O2 they gave it to me over the phone there and then.
I've however heard they may say they either have to text it or mail it out to you.
Once you have your PAC code give T-Mobile a call and tell them you wish to transfer your number in and give them your PAC code.
By using the code you automatically cancel your O2 contract and start the process of moving your number across - takes around 5 to 7 working days to complete.
At the end of the process your odl number is on your new T-Mobile phone and your old contract will be cancelled.

Soldato
OP
well impressed with the vario 2, it arrived this morning - havent stopped playing about with it, lol :)

o2 said they would txt my old pac code to me within 48hrs so i should be over to my old number in about 7 days or so

Back
Top Bottom