1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keyboard - wired to wireless

Discussion in 'Gaming Peripherals' started by jamief, 10 Mar 2021.

1. jamief

Soldato

I'm currently using a Corsair K95 Platinum which I quite like, but need to change for a couple of reasons:

1) I use a laptop and desktop sharing a monitor. I'd like a wireless mechanical keyboard which can connect to both desktop and laptop at the same time and switch via button/softkey
    2) size - could do with something a tiny bit smaller whilst preserving numpad
    3) Gaming - do a bit (FPS), not very good but is bluetooth OK?

Looking at Keychron K4 or something similar, preferably in stock in the UK!

I did look at a KVM but have limited space and ideally don't want cables running everywhere otherwise I'd just use it with the K95.

2. chroniclard

Capodecina

I bought a Keychron K8 a couple of weeks ago, similar to the K4 but slightly bigger as its Tenkeyless. Works wired and with Bluetooth, has 3 different bluetooth settings for different connections.

Loving it so far. Bought it here

https://www.keyboardco.com/

3. jamief

Soldato

Thanks - like the look of that but would ideally need a numpad :(

4. chroniclard

Capodecina

Yeah I hardly use the numpad so is fine. Struggled to find stock of a lot of other keyboards.

5. jamief

Soldato

Wondering if I can get by without actually. I'm left handed and used to remap WASD to 8546 on the numpad, but I guess with a smaller keyboard I could just move the board over a bit....

6. chroniclard

Capodecina

Could you remap to PL; @ or something......

I dont actually need the space so could have had a full keyboard but just fancied a TKL. :)

7. mattx2

Wise Guy

Have you looked at something like mouse without borders?

I have a k4 and can recommend my only minor complaint is it does take a while to get used to the number pad as the 0 is half sized

8. jamief

Soldato

Just gave this a wee try - seems to work well, but ideally if I move the mouse off the right side of my main PC I don't want it to go to the laptop, I'd like to only do this via hotkey. Can't seem to find an option for this though....

9. mattx2

Wise Guy

I think its in options disable easy mouse then by default use ctr+alt+f1 / f2 etc to switch