Kickstart classic RPG - Wasteland 2!

Soldato
Right after one awesome kickstarter (double fine) ends, another begins.
In 1 day already raised almost 600,000 dollars.
www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2

I am much more looking forward to this, than the double fine adventure.

RPGs>Point and click adventures.
Especially hardcore post-apocalyptic ones.

Who is with me? :)

I pledged 65 bucks, I want that oldschool box!

Last edited:
Soldato
Glad to say they've reached the funding required to go ahead with the project.

Hope they go on to get the $1.5M, and totally agree, much prefer this to the Double Fine project. :)

Hopefully this can be the Fallout that fans really wanted.

Soldato
I meant the original Fallout, not the first person games.

That's precisely why I said NV was hamstrung by being based on FO3 tech. It's obviously a continuation of Fallout 2, with a crap-ton of references for the fans. Even one of your companions is the daughter of an FO2 character. The soundtrack was mostly a case of "don't fix what ain't broke" as well.

Shame they took out groin shots, the Pipboy descriptions for that were hilarious in the first two Fallouts :p

Soldato
Never heard of wasteland, ive heard of interplay and baldurs gate/iceind dale and fallout. Was wasteland a popular game?

It was the predecessor to Fallout (Fargo led the teams for both titles), back in 1987 IIRC. Interplay funded and published the games you mention and owned the studio that created them (Black Isle).

Edit: correction, Baldurs Gate was largely a Bioware developed title, BI had some involvement though

Last edited:
Soldato
It was the predecessor to Fallout (Fargo led the teams for both titles), back in 1987 IIRC. Interplay funded and published the games you mention and owned the studio that created them (Black Isle).

Edit: correction, Baldurs Gate was largely a Bioware developed title, BI had some involvement though

I do love my rpgs so i may invest in this, ill wait till i see a few more updates though.

Permabanned
Love the old Fallouts, even if I only discovered them due to FO3 :o (btw, FO1 > FO2 ≥ FNV >>> FO3).

Not got around to playing the game that inspired Fallout, tho been meaning to and I've heard nothing but nostalgic praise for it...so, $50 pledged! :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Shame Fargo's Bard's Tale remake sucked. Hopefully he'll get it right this time, a lot of fan goodwill is riding on this million dollar project...

Back
Top Bottom