Kids school introduces new uniform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Hi my 13 year old daughters and 11 year old sons school introduced a new uniform just before Christmas half term replacing the shirt tie and blazer uniform and bringing in a polo shirt and jumper uniform. What's people's opinion? Students can wear the new uniform from tomorrow but it isn't conpulsary until September. I bought my daughter and son the new uniform the cost was pretty reasonable
School jumper £11x4 2 each
School polo shirt £9x6 3 each
Already got school trousers
My daughter weares her plain black vans as school shoes
My sons school shoes cost £6 plain black converse from asda

Soldato
Why does OcUK rank so highly for school uniform talk? (IronWarrior? :D)

It seems a bit unfair to change the uniform but I guess if they're not making profit on it it doesn't really matter. Would be nicer if they ate the costs initially for the first iteration.

Soldato
At secondary school the uniform should be shirt and tie, IMHO and changes should take place at the end of the year (also IMHO). I'm sure they have a good reason for doing it - change in logo maybe?

Edit: I thought SATA replaced the need for jumpers.
Edit2: IBtL.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
At secondary school the uniform should be shirt and tie, IMHO and changes should take place at the end of the year (also IMHO). I'm sure they have a good reason for doing it - change in logo maybe?

Edit: I thought SATA replaced the need for jumpers.
Edit2: IBtL.

The school has resently became and academy that's why they've changed the uniform I think

Caporegime
polo shirt is probably more sensible as a 'uniform' for kids than blazer, tie, shirt etc..

easier for poorer families too (though I guess they can sometimes get kitted out at second hand clothing sales etc...)

Soldato
Good news tbh. The whole shirt/tie/blazer thing could do with change if nothing else than for the reason of being more comfortable!

Also it would be nice never to have to tell another student to "do up your collar" or "fix your tie" or "tuck your shirt in"... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom