kielder observatory

Soldato
Thats big man:)

It was an impulse buy from eBay in 2000, never read the listing properly as I just noticed it, listing had a minute to go before it ended, a frantic bid later and I won the auction, Scope was made by Beacon Hill Telescopes, quite heavy metal frame, I had a step ladder to look through it lol

I built a custom shed/observatory for it, I had to, needed a horse to pull it out the garage into the garden :D

It went to a good home in 2010.

Soldato
OP
It was an impulse buy from eBay in 2000, never read the listing properly as I just noticed it, listing had a minute to go before it ended, a frantic bid later and I won the auction, Scope was made by Beacon Hill Telescopes, quite heavy metal frame, I had a step ladder to look through it lol

I built a custom shed/observatory for it, I had to, needed a horse to pull it out the garage into the garden :D

It went to a good home in 2010.

All good man,what have you got now,how far is kielder for you.

Soldato
All good man,what have you got now,how far is kielder for you.

Not sure how far it is exactly but to Kielder but I live fairly close to Strontian on The Ardnamurchan Peninsula in Scotland.

I have a 16" LX200 series scope, housed in same DIY observatory, added a warm room, I had to :)

Soldato
It is good up there, skies are frankly, amazing. You do get LP from the east, as thats where newcastle / hexham etc is. Enough to glow, but no where near enough to ruin the skies. You can take your scope up there and use the observation deck! Do not take a low car, the paths are forestry tracks, and therefore just dolomite. Loads of pot holes, and its about 2 miels or so to the top!

Back
Top Bottom