US: Killjoys - New sci-fi show.

Soldato
4WLHoRC.jpg

In the Quad, a galaxy on the brink of a bloody interplanetary class war, a fun loving trio of bounty hunters attempt to remain impartial as they chase deadly warrants.

I thought the first episode was pretty decent. There were a few minor niggles here and there, but nothing that's going to stop me from continuing to watch. Also, it doesn't hurt that the main woman is a smoking hot English bird too.

NRHZwUs.jpg

Permabanned
I turned it off after about 10 minutes. I'l probably go back and finish the episode but when i tried watching it yesterday it just seemed like cheap guff and i had better things to watch.

Soldato
it's ok, it's a bit cheesy at times and doesn't feel like firefly no matter what others put in reviews. If anything it feels a bit like the last 1/2 seasons of andromeda (where all the planets are close together)

It does have potential but it really depends if they can pull it off, there's clearly a 'hidden agenda' background story being implied...

Soldato
Nice to see the Royal Automobile Club are helping people with their broken down vehicles in the future, albeit spaceships, but I am concerned about their move into bounty hunting. I shall switch to a Green Flag in protest.

Bit naff but I'll watch a few more just in case.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Will give it a go any scifi is a bonus at this point, that guy on the right looks a bit like agent ward and nice to see the followings iceman back on the small screen so quickly.

Associate
Will give it a go any scifi is a bonus at this point, that guy on the right looks a bit like agent ward and nice to see the followings iceman back on the small screen so quickly.

Easy to confuse them, but it was his brother Shawn that was Iceman & in The Following, Aaron was in Warehouse 13, Smallville, etc.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Season 2 was average, still got 1-2 eps left but to me if felt just like dark matters season 2 a bit meh and all over the place.

Both shows have had their moments but its still lacking imo

You can always tell a good quality science fiction programme by the channel it's on. This is on the Sy Fy channel and this tells me that it's probably total rubbish. I am yet to see anything produced or featured on this channel that has been any good. Ancient Star Trek TNG being an exception but that has not aged well.

Last edited:
Associate
And have you actually watched this (or Dark Matter or the Expanse or any modern Syfy show) or are you just talking out of your posterior?

Last edited:

R3X

R3X

Soldato
I actually like dark matter a bit more then killjoys, but can't put my finger on it both season 1s had a difference, still ill watch the next seasons for both if they arrive its not quite reached the point where I switch off like blindspot for example.

Without Syfy channel we would have zero scifi at this point since most other companies won't budget for it unless its worth it.

I've watched the first episodes Dark Matter and The Expanse. Well at least I tried to. I found them too cheesy and switched off after about 20 minutes or so.

Just noticed your post and can't understand how The Expanse could be classed as cheesy? Killjoys/Dark Matter certainly but not The Expanse.

Killjoys has been, well, okay I guess. Still enjoy it but I felt it could have been better.

Back
Top Bottom