Kingdom Come: Deliverance / Open-World RPG / Medieval History

Soldato
Yeah, keys went out yesterday. Embargo ends 8am on the 13th, so expect all the reviews and videos to be out then.

Would it be against any rules if you could tell us if you can do your own keybinding ?? Saw a beta/alpha video ages ago and then you couldn't do your own keybinding. Block was the Q key and to side step you had to hold that down and if wanting go left, also press A key, tad hard to do on a keyboard. :p

Soldato
Ahh look forward to seeing how this turns out - hopefully won't be too long before it's patched up and worth buying

Associate
Can you say how it runs compared to the beta?

Would it be against any rules if you could tell us if you can do your own keybinding ?? Saw a beta/alpha video ages ago and then you couldn't do your own keybinding. Block was the Q key and to side step you had to hold that down and if wanting go left, also press A key, tad hard to do on a keyboard. :p

I didn't play the beta, so I don't have any comparison - but unfortunately I am unable to give my opinions (not sure if saying technical info falls under this, but I would rather play it safe) until the embargo ends. There have been a couple of console versions that have leaked early being shown on Twitch, if you want to watch them to see more of the game :)

Associate
Can you at least say if I should pre-order it? Come on...just a Yes or No :p

Feel free to send this privately :p

From the videos I watched before I even started playing, it looked like more of a niche game for people that prefer a more slower styled, tactical combat. This is what caught my interest, as that type of game is what I love (I'm not a fan of the games where you can just button mash and flair around your sword) If you want to pre-order on Steam, go for it, as you have a 2 hour refund window for if the game is not for you.

Soldato
OP
One of the best commercials ever..as long as you have appreciation for cringy and self-deprecating humor :)

The lady in red is environment artist at warhorse btw :)

Associate
There's combat being purposely made difficult, but then there's combat being difficult from the clunky mechanic. To me it looks more the latter.

Yeh I thought the same from the videos Ive seen on YouTube. The movement doesnt look very fluid and natural :/

Will wait for the reviews on Wednesday morning and see how positive they are before buying... I believe its being released at 12pm GMT.

Soldato
Just FYI..I know the keys from sites like cdkeys work...but where they source them is unknown. They might be buying them in lower priced regions and reselling, or they might be buying them with stolen credit cards.
I asked an employee at Warhorse Studios if they know where CDKeys get their keys and the answer is "We don't know where they get it, it is possible they are stolen."

Of course I get that the price is appealing, but if anyone cares about having it confirmed that developers actually get paid, I would recommend official resellers (GMG, uk.gamesplanet, Steam, GOG)

Used a lot of cdkeys keys.
Pretty sure they're bulk-buying physical copies in other regions then harvesting keys.
They're generally more "printed" now but used to be more like a smartphone shot of the key on the box.

So... dodgy, yes (grey market) Stolen: No.

Soldato
OP
Nice, the kickstarter Collector's edition just arrived

p_20180210_101214hooxl.jpg

Unfortunately I have to wait until tuesday to actually play of course, but ELEX will tide me over until then :)

Associate
Nice, the kickstarter Collector's edition just arrived

Are you in the UK? I've not received any contact about dispatch from Warhorse. Did your profile change, or did you get any info or message prior to getting your package?

I hear the console versions needs a 25GB patch to make it a finished product :eek: I wonder if the PC version went to physical production in the same state?

Great looking package btw :)

Soldato
OP
Are you in the UK? I've not received any contact about dispatch from Warhorse. Did your profile change, or did you get any info or message prior to getting your package?

I hear the console versions needs a 25GB patch to make it a finished product :eek: I wonder if the PC version went to physical production in the same state?

Great looking package btw :)

I am in Bohemia :) I was surprised to have it arrive so early, on saturday, even had to call the delivery guy to change address since I am home and not at work.
I only got SMS message that package is gonna arrive, that's it.

Regarding the patch, I will be downloading the game from steam anyway and it will already be patched there.

Btw the game seems very well optimized on PC, with GTX1080 and i7 on "very high" preset you get 80-100 fps.

Associate
I am in Bohemia :) I was surprised to have it arrive so early, on saturday, even had to call the delivery guy to change address since I am home and not at work.
I only got SMS message that package is gonna arrive, that's it.

Regarding the patch, I will be downloading the game from steam anyway and it will already be patched there.

Btw the game seems very well optimized on PC, with GTX1080 and i7 on "very high" preset you get 80-100 fps.

Thanks. Will have to wait and see if us backers get it in time for release here in the UK. I found the alpha/beta was a bit sluggish on my 2500k & GTX670 2GB unsurprisingly, but hopefully now having a GTX1060 6GB will make it playable at mid to high settings @1080p.

With no broadband since moving (I max out at 260kbs downloading) I'm hoping the PC version does not need the 25GB update the consoles do... I bet it does though :(

Associate
I dont pre-order very often but I have got this one and am really looking forward to it. Hasn't been any games to really grab my attention for a while now so fingers crossed this one turns out good.

Back
Top Bottom