Kingston SSD fails to boot now and then?

Associate
Hello guys. I need a little help with my SSD, it's a Kingston RBU-SC100S37128G. sometimes its failing to boot windows. When I turn the PC on it tells me there is no bootable drive connected. If I reset the computer it will boot straight into windows 10. It only happens now and then. I've set it to no.1 priority in BIOS. Not sure why its doing this. I also have a secondary WD 750GB as storage.

Associate
OP
I've tried all available ports. I've updated bios. What's happening now is if I start the computer it will tell me now bookable drive and will only detect my second hard drive. It will do this maybe 4 to 8 times and then boot straight into windows without a problem at all.

Soldato
Maybe the ssd is on it's way out, how long have you had it for?

I had a Samsung 840 that would randomly disappear and cause my pc to crash, sent it back in the end and got a 850 as a replacement.

Could always try a secure erase and a os re install.

Associate
OP
Well I've read updated the BIOS and the problem persists. It's a refurbished system. It's also having a problem when I ask windows to sleep it will sometimes do it then other times it will turn back on and say no bookable drive again. Quite annoying.

Back
Top Bottom