Poll: Knives & Forks, left hand vs right hand

How do you hold your knife and fork?

• Total voters
Soldato
If it requires a knife and fork then fork in the left hand knife in the right but if it only requires a fork or spoon then in the right.

Soldato
Right handed and fork goes in my right hand. I have no idea what my parents may have shown me and they're dead now so I can't ask.

What I do know is by the time I was in the Juniors in the early 90's I was using forks in my right hand and I too was also accosted by dinnerladies telling me I'm scum because the fork should be in my left and they would make me switch. The result was pinning food down with the knife and tearing at it with the fork then stabbing the food and bringing the knife to mouth.

What are people doing with one handed food? I hold it in my right. Eating crisps I have the packet in my left so use my right to eat. it doesn't make sense to me to give up my dominate and feeding hand to the knife and now feed myself with the left because of what.. tradition? etiquette?

I'm right footed as well and work as a Brake Press operator but can use either foot to operate the peddle but most of the time I use my left foot because a few years ago I developed plantar fasciitis in my right foot so swapped to the left, and actually found it more comfortable to use my left. Thankfully the plantar fasciitis has gone but it took 2 to 3 years.

Soldato
A lot of OcUK members seem to be living in high crime food theft areas. What's wrong with stabbing someone with a fork? that's like getting stabbed 4 times at once!

Soldato
Right handed and fork goes in my right hand. I have no idea what my parents may have shown me and they're dead now so I can't ask.

What I do know is by the time I was in the Juniors in the early 90's I was using forks in my right hand and I too was also accosted by dinnerladies telling me I'm scum because the fork should be in my left and they would make me switch. The result was pinning food down with the knife and tearing at it with the fork then stabbing the food and bringing the knife to mouth.

What are people doing with one handed food? I hold it in my right. Eating crisps I have the packet in my left so use my right to eat. it doesn't make sense to me to give up my dominate and feeding hand to the knife and now feed myself with the left because of what.. tradition? etiquette?

I'm right footed as well and work as a Brake Press operator but can use either foot to operate the peddle but most of the time I use my left foot because a few years ago I developed plantar fasciitis in my right foot so swapped to the left, and actually found it more comfortable to use my left. Thankfully the plantar fasciitis has gone but it took 2 to 3 years.

No, no, no!

You eat crisps with your none dominant hand. It is slightly more awkward, but it's not hard in the first place moving crisps from bag to mouth. That means your useful hand is not greasy and can still change the channel, move the mouse, etc

Soldato
No, no, no!

You eat crisps with your none dominant hand. It is slightly more awkward, but it's not hard in the first place moving crisps from bag to mouth. That means your useful hand is not greasy and can still change the channel, move the mouse, etc

this is when u just mash the crisps up and pour them in your mouth...no greasy hands!

Back
Top Bottom