Knocked off my bike - ddvice sought - claiming on insurance

Soldato
A bit of advice please. I don't want to go into details but yesterday a woman pulled out on me and knocked me clean off my scooter. End result is two fractures in my shoulder, a trip to hospital and police in attendance.

Because I was whisked away by the ambulance, the police got details and exchanged them. I have TPO only on the bike because it is worth less than any excess I would pay on any other policy. I have her name, mobile, number plate and name of insurance company (not the policy number though)

I am likely going to need surgery and the time off work means I'll probably only get statutory sick pay for part of the time off. Therefore I wish to claim for loss of earnings, the massive amount of pain I'm in, the bike, torn clothes etc. off her insurance.

What's my next move? Call her and get her policy number and tell her my intentions, or just phone her insurance or use a 3rd party to sort this out? Excuse the poor post style, but typing one fingered on my weaker hand while trying to remain stock still is hard. For the record she denied liability at the scene, no third party witnesses (joke as it was stationary traffic in London but I was whisked away a bit dazed!) and she subsequently lefty me a message on my phone apologising for her behaviour at the time.

Associate
Go to an accident claim company, like Claims4U and give them the details and they'll do the rest.

personally i despise the exsistance of such companies, bu given the denial of blame and the situation your in i.e tpo insurance and injured id say ring your insurance company first then ring the no win no fee boys..... you may well find that your insurers will recommend someone like that to you....

Soldato
OP
Certainly I don't have any legal cover on my insurance or really any bells and whistles except to keep me legal but perhaps they can recommend someone.

I'm quite happy to deal with her insurers myself, but do you think the denial of liability means i will be less hassle to use a third party? I don't really want to add to the nation's premiums, but I am suffering as a result of this driver so only want what's fair.

Soldato
I'd avoid the claim companies and find a well regarded local solicitor - they will deal with everything and claim their costs from her insurer.

The only thing you might have to pay for in advance is an initial interview with the solicitor as they'll want to ascertain whether they want to take the claim on - but you'll get this back. Assuming it was her fault (not knowing the context of the accident I cant advise) then this is your best route

Back
Top Bottom