Kobe Bryant Dead

Soldato
If your in your mid 30s you should know who he is...he was talked about quite a bit in the school playground whilst trading panini stickers!
I think its more of an age thing to be honest especially in the UK where most aren't watching basketball regularly.

Caporegime
Afraid I also had no idea who the guy was.

RIP anyway.

I guess you dont know who Micheal Jordan is either?
Something to do with trainers? :p

Nope, I’m afraid I know the Michael Jordan name but off the top of my head I don’t recall what he’s famous for, probably because his sport / whatever isn’t in my interest group.

Caporegime
If your in your mid 30s you should know who he is...he was talked about quite a bit in the school playground whilst trading panini stickers!
I think its more of an age thing to be honest especially in the UK where most aren't watching basketball regularly.

I'm 37 and though I had heard of the name and associated it with a huge Basketball star, I really had no clue who he was.

Basketball panani stickers weren't a thing at my school. It was always football.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
So no, you dont know micheal jordan....

Dont you watch the news? reportages? documentaries??

Im sure even on ocuk forum there has been threads about kobe bryant about other topics in here.

My point is you have to be living under a rock for the past 20 years to not know who this man is

It seems so, each to their own but its a boring game with only the last 30 seconds being interesting, but then its much shorter than F1 which is boring for the entire race so it this on F1 i guess.

Soldato

Really? I know who he is but can't remember people talking about him at school or trading basketball stickers, Premier League stickers on the other hand..

Soldato
A lot of people know his name at least purely because in a lot of fps games it has become commonplace to yell out "Kobe!" either before attempting, or in response to, a particularly tricky throw (of a grenade or other thrown projectile) - if that's not a sign of how well known he was I don't know what is

Permabanned
then why would you post in this thread?

also, you could idk find out about someone by searching online

(edited out links to keep tidy)

I was not going to post in the thread until I found out some of you think its unbelievable and we are making it up to be cool that we have never heard of him, so since I posted that it would not be right to not say RIP for ALL who died.

You really need to grow some common sense!

Have heard the name and associated it with basketball. Did not know much until reading up on him since this news. Sad to read, RIP.

RIP to everyone else involved in the crash as well, must be heartbreaking for their families. :(

Soldato
This still hasn't sunk in for me just yet it's really scrambling my brain. High profile deaths rarely bother me but this one just doesn't sit right, not at all. It's weird but at some point I almost expect some news to come out saying it wasn't true.

Caporegime
This still hasn't sunk in for me just yet it's really scrambling my brain. High profile deaths rarely bother me but this one just doesn't sit right, not at all. It's weird but at some point I almost expect some news to come out saying it wasn't true.
Yeh same here, at first I thought it was some sort of joke then more and more news started coming out and I was just gobsmacked. Especially as his daughter was onboard, that made it even more tragic :(.
God knows what his family, his remaining kids are going through. His little baby born a month ago will never meet him as well which is just tragic.
Also the others that were killed in the crash, it’s just as tragic for them as Kobe’s family :(.

May they all RIP :(

Soldato
(edited out links to keep tidy)

I was not going to post in the thread until I found out some of you think its unbelievable and we are making it up to be cool that we have never heard of him, so since I posted that it would not be right to not say RIP for ALL who died.

You really need to grow some common sense!

read the posts I quoted and yes my condolences go out to the friends and families of all involved.

Associate
RIP - one of the all-time great sportspeople.

As it's being discussed here, I've often wondered why people come into this type of thread to say that they've never heard of the person. Who gives a ****? Google them if you want to know, or go and do something else if you don't care.

Back
Top Bottom