Kolink PSU, have I made a mistake?

Associate
Hi

For my recent build I bought from OC.uk a Kolink Enclave 600W 80 Plus Gold Modular PSU. seemed a good price and it was a 80 plus Gold, but after reading some comments on this forum I'm wondering if I made a mistake and am putting my system at risk?

Are these psu's ok? or should I upgrade it? If I should upgrade, what would you recommend? At the moment all seems to be working fine.

Thanks

Martin

Associate
generally regarded quite poorly, they're a budget PSU, and for a reason. A lot of people here will likely tell you to replace it ASAP, it's the heart of the PC and if it fails it could be very expensive to repair...

Don
generally regarded quite poorly, they're a budget PSU, and for a reason. A lot of people here will likely tell you to replace it ASAP, it's the heart of the PC and if it fails it could be very expensive to repair...

That may apply to Kolink PSUs in general however:

The Enclave is regarded as quite reasonable - nothing outstanding, but also nothing to be concerned about
https://www.kitguru.net/components/...olink-enclave-80-plus-gold-700w-psu-review/6/
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/kolink-enclave-series-700-w-psu/7.html

Given that supply of PSUs (and other things) is quite limited at the moment, I wouldn't be looking to change.

It does however only have 3 year warranty, so when supply chains and pricing are back to normal then look out for a deal and replace it then if you are concerned

Last edited:
Soldato
Are these psu's ok? or should I upgrade it? If I should upgrade, what would you recommend? At the moment all seems to be working fine.

They aren't the cream of the crop, but unlike some will have you believe it is highly unlikely that it will fail in spectacular manner taking your PC with it and smashing it in to smithereens. Check they watts you are pulling from the wall, and see what the rails are doing if you have a DVM/DMM if you want some peace of mind.

Back
Top Bottom