Konami - Super Bomberman R online

Soldato
Whilst doing a quick search for an online Bomberman I came accross this

https://www.konami.com/games/bomberman/online/eu/en/news/

SUPER BOMBERMAN R ONLINE launches on May 27 for PlayStation®4, Nintendo Switch™ and PC!
SUPER BOMBERMAN R ONLINE will be launching on May 27 for PlayStation®4, Nintendo Switch™ and PC via Steam as a free-to-play, digital download exclusive.
* The game will also be compatible on PlayStation®5.

The release date for the Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S version of SUPER BOMBERMAN R ONLINE will be confirmed at a later date.

First i've heard of this and it's only a week away now! One of my favourite games going back to Arcade, Amiga, SNES then PC has been the Bomberman series. Atomic Bomberman probably being the best.

If this includes crossplay and a good classic online arena style play this will be superb. It's free, so have a feeling there will be in case items to buy which might be annoying. I would rather just buy the game myself but suppose in game purchases is will generate more money

I haz 4090!
Don
Oooh, nice one! Like you say it's free so we'll see what microtransactions are in there. I have a regular game night on Fridays with some discord pals, I can see this being fun so we won't mind chucking a few quid at it if it removes any annoyances.

Soldato
OP
Oooh, nice one! Like you say it's free so we'll see what microtransactions are in there. I have a regular game night on Fridays with some discord pals, I can see this being fun so we won't mind chucking a few quid at it if it removes any annoyances.

Me too, would happily pay a tenner to have a 'classic' battle style map. I think in Atomic bomberman it was called something like Green aces or just classic

maxresdefault.jpg

218228715.jpg

Soldato
The PC Engine Bomberman '93 was the best version in my opinion.

Interested in this, just hope the paywall is not too steep as will gladly throw some pennies their way if half decent and not a cash grab.

Soldato
OP
The PC Engine Bomberman '93 was the best version in my opinion.

Interested in this, just hope the paywall is not too steep as will gladly throw some pennies their way if half decent and not a cash grab.
I never knew there was a a NES Bomberman in 1985.

The first Bomberman I had heard of was Dynablaster in 1991 on arcade. This was my favourite as used to play it as kids at bircotes leisure center where we went for swimming lessons when I was about 5 - 10 years old.
Good times, swimming lessons then Dynablaster and a Dime bar :D

Don
"Battle Pass" ala fortnite etc purely for Cosmetics by the sounds of things

SUPER BOMBERMAN R ONLINE will also be launching a two-tier “Battle Pass” system; Silver Passes and Gold Passes. The Silver Pass will be free for all players; the more they play Battle 64 mode, the more they can level up their rank and earn cosmetic rewards including taunts, accessories and poses. There will be 100 ranks within the Silver Pass, providing plenty of free content during each season.

The optional Gold Pass offers greater rewards over 100 ranks, including many more cosmetics and other items that do not directly affect gameplay. The Gold Pass will be available for 800 Bomber Coins, currency that can be purchased in packs via the in-game shop or on the platform store. Bomber Coins are also offered as Gold Pass rewards. The ranks and content for both the Silver and Gold Bomber Passes are seasonal, so players will need to climb up the ranks again once a new season starts to earn more rewards.

Soldato
OP
Nice find - it's live on steam, I've just downloaded it :)

:)

Good stuff.

Interesting, on Steam there is
'Super Bomberman R' £34.99. Release date 12 Jun, 2018
'Super Bomberman R Online' Free. Released today

Downloading the free one now so will see how it is in a min

Soldato
Lots of complaints about loading times, and apparently there's no matchmaking for when you play with friends?

I've got it on my watch list, I think I'll wait a couple of weeks and see if things improve before I bother dipping my toe in.

Soldato
OP
Lots of complaints about loading times, and apparently there's no matchmaking for when you play with friends?

I've got it on my watch list, I think I'll wait a couple of weeks and see if things improve before I bother dipping my toe in.
Yeh, loading time is a while. Longer than Warzone for a match but guess it does need to match with 64 players
You can create rooms for private matches with friends but need to buy the DLC for £8. Not sure if there is a way to join games with friends.

I had a couple of matches and its seems good for free.
The first time i got a few rounds in but the second match I had, the whole roof caved in and killed me for 'relaxation' :D Maybe I needed to keep on the move

Soldato
You can create rooms for private matches with friends but need to buy the DLC for £8. Not sure if there is a way to join games with friends.

I guess thats the sting, there had to be one. That said, a mulitplayer game as fun and frantic as bomberman is proably worth £8 to be able to have you own private game with friends.

Two of my friends are interested so we might all have to pay the £8, but hey its a fun game

Associate
Oh great news, i have have been playing it on stadia for awhile, it will be good to see an influx of new players, stadia multiplayer games can take awhile to match make sadly, crossplay is godsend.

Soldato
OP
Oh great news, i have have been playing it on stadia for awhile, it will be good to see an influx of new players, stadia multiplayer games can take awhile to match make sadly, crossplay is godsend.
Maybe its Stadia peasants holding up the load times :p

Yeh, might be well worth £8 to play with friends

Back
Top Bottom