US: Krypton (superman prequel series)

Associate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krypton_(TV_series)

couldn't see a thread for this so I created one. krypton is a superman prequel that will be showing on SyFy US later this year. story about the grandfather of superman.

Syfy Synopsis for this: Years before the Superman legend we know, the House of El was shamed and ostracised.

The series follows The Man of Steel's grandfather as he brings hope and equality to Krypton, turning a planet in disarray into one worthy of giving birth to the greatest superhero ever known.

Last edited:
Soldato
Where is this trailer? The one in the OP was blocked within seconds of it being posted and searching on Youtube only brings back loads of those ******* dumb 'reaction' videos. And all other video sites have the same thing, 'video deleted due to copyright'.

Associate
OP
it was working Wednesday. but after I posted I learned that the trailer was leaked online, from what I can see everyone has taken it down either willingly or by some form of legal notice.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Update: I've add link to new official trailer as the original link trailers was a leak trailer that was taken down within few hours of being up. also latest news is that it will be 2018 when it airs on syfy and while the premise of the show is base around superman granddad younger day. there has been some reports that some members of JL travel back in time to this time period to stop someone who also travel back in time, who wants to stop superman from ever being born, don't know how true this is.

Associate
Really, really hope that JL bit isn't true. I already fear a prequel falling into the trap of spending too much time doing foreshadowing instead of telling it's own story, having characters appear who are there no reason other than to remind you this is the prequel to something important is a bit much.

Unless it's an adaptation of that Starman story where he ends up in the time this should be set, I'd be all for that (but then given it's fairly low FX compared to most of these hero shows Starman should have already been adapted).

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Looks good, but can they really create or build on something that's already technically destroyed ?

Prequel shows are just hard to do imo unless its a one off or 2 part special, look at Agent Carter.

Its a shame due to DC movie rights the fans never got a batman or real superman tv series and we have shows instead working around loop holes, rules, laws etc just to give the fans what they really want, but that describes krypton and considering its syfy I just don't see a show lasting that long but will give it a bash as with any show.

Back
Top Bottom