Kyle Rittenhouse - teen who shot three people in Kenosha

Caporegime
Meanwhile in Atlanta

Finally, Black men are reported as victims at an overwhelmingly high rate. In total, 291 of the 311 shootings victims this year were Black, with 252 of all those shootings being Black men. Five were Asian women, and seven were white.

Again, there does seem to be a pattern here that few people want to call out.

Soldato
Ah, that’s actually worse than I thought. I remember a senior officer of the LAPD’s comments when it was alleged that they were operating racist “death squads” in black communities which went along the lines of: “If the LAPD wanted to wipe out the black community in LA, we’d just stop patrolling their neighbourhoods and stop responding to 911 calls from them for 2 weeks…”

Caporegime
Just a few days after a school shooting left 4 dead. I'm sure the parents just love this owning the libs Xmas pic of a member of Congress.

How is being pro 2nd amendment or enjoying firearm ownership "owning the libs"? Do you think this was posted in response to the school shooting? You seem to be seeing things that aren't there.

I found the members of congress calling the Rittenhouse trial "white supremacy" far more egregious and divisive.

Caporegime
Do you think it's appropriate 2 days after a school shooting?

What exactly would your criteria for posting on Twitter be to avoid causing anyone offence?

Every day there is some incident where people are murdered or some scandal, you would never be able to post anything if you were expected to have an omniscient trait where you could filter out anything that could be optically construed in a negative manner.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
What exactly would your criteria for posting on Twitter be to avoid causing anyone offence?

Every day there is some incident where people are murdered or some scandal, you would never be able to post anything if you were expected to have an omniscient trait where you could filter out anything that could be optically construed in a negative manner.
Dude. School shooting 2 days ago, of which the parents are yet to bury their children. This Congressman posts a picture of his family (including children) with machine guns and asking Santa for ammo.
How is this possibly even remotely appropriate?
At the very least, it is highly insensitive.

Soldato
Dude. School shooting 2 days ago, of which the parents are yet to bury their children. This Congressman posts a picture of his family (including children) with machine guns and asking Santa for ammo.
The Constitution does not get suspended when something bad happens. It's their right to bear arms. Perhaps the internet is not for you if you get so easily offended, at least on behalf of others.

Do you not think it's offensive to have a picture of a car in your signature when many people were run over and killed 2 weeks ago?

Caporegime

Again I just ask the same question.

At which point does it become ok to post the picture?

Commissario
Again I just ask the same question.

At which point does it become ok to post the picture?
If you go by "less than a week after a school shooting" then pretty much only at least a week into the school holidays.

I would say it's probably poor judgement, or knowing their fan base to post that picture a couple of days after a multiple school shooting.

It's insane how many people in the US have just accepted that it's normal to have your kids risk being killed at school.

Last edited:
Caporegime
If you go by "less than a week after a school shooting" then pretty much only at least a week into the school holidays.

I would say it's probably poor judgement, or knowing their fan base to post that picture a couple of days after a multiple school shooting.

It's insane how many people in the US have just accepted that it's normal to have your kids risk being killed at school.

This is the problem though, it requires an omniscient knowledge of all shootings that occur.

Have people just accepted their kids will be shot at school?

Caporegime

Have people just accepted their kids will be shot at school?

After Sandy hook, the answer is sadly a yes for America.

We had dunblane and it led to severe restrictions to our own gun ownership laws. No children have been shot by a random attack in a school since then and no UK parent worries about that happening.

Soldato
After Sandy hook, the answer is sadly a yes for America.

We had dunblane and it led to severe restrictions to our own gun ownership laws. No children have been shot by a random attack in a school since then and no UK parent worries about that happening.
Sandy Hook is a bad example :o /grabs coat

Soldato
How is being pro 2nd amendment or enjoying firearm ownership "owning the libs"? Do you think this was posted in response to the school shooting? You seem to be seeing things that aren't there.

I found the members of congress calling the Rittenhouse trial "white supremacy" far more egregious and divisive.

No I don't think it was posted in response to a school shooting. I think it was posted as he and his family are clearly obsessed with guns/2A, its a great fund raiser/base rouser and it also owns the libs in their eyes. Its the timing or lack of sensitivity I'm questioning. The children are still in the morgue, the case is still all over the news. He is a Congressman and the parents are his fellow citizens. My biggest issue with America is the total selfishness of so much of the population. I'm all right jack, so screw you and your needs. Their healthcare system is a perfect example of this.

Why is it just the 2A that is constantly used as a fund raiser/base rouser? No one is trying to get a new amendment that would get rid of the 2A. There are 27 amendments but this is the one that they cling to like its the word of their god.

Caporegime
OP
I think some of this criticism is based on something seeming more unusual than it actually is, just as we saw with the judge in the trial, people were making criticisms of this seemingly crazy judge on the basis of... well apparently no experience with crazy judges - just an expectation of how judges should behave from TV/films etc.. whereas actual US lawyers on social media were quick to shoot down lots of the criticism.

Similarly, with this politician (not sure why it's being discussed in this thread but meh, I guess no relevant updates to discuss at the moment), people (whether Europeans or urban Americans living on either coast) might not be as aware that it is quite standard behaviour by some Republicans/gun owners in the US to pose with guns like that. The family Christmas card with guns thing has been done before, including by politicians - some gun clubs over there have been reported to have had events where you can pose with guns with Santa etc..

This isn't the first time a politician has done it either - obviously, they expect it to be polarising, generate outrage from some etc.. and that is part of the point but as far as the timing is concerned, it is December, I doubt much thought was paid to any school shooting etc..

Here is another example from a few years ago:

hvWxjHa.jpg

Back
Top Bottom